Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 72
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Do you have a timeframe for this patch my use would be messaging and email now.

    Also the orientation lock works perfect for me.
    The global orientation controls were working fine with webOS 1.3.1. I should have time to look at how it works with 1.3.5 this weekend. If it works, I'll post it immediately, though I expect it'll take a long while to make it efficient.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Hmm. As far as I can tell, the patch seems to be working normally in webOS 1.3.5. Have you tried restarting the phone?
    Reinstalling now. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks!
  3. #43  
    I had trouble with this patch (i installed it with preware). It wouldnt work and it couldn't be uninstalled by preware (i got ipkg errors). I fixed it through several steps. First, i removed and then reinstalled preware/pms. I then installed the patch again with webOS QI,with the broken, unremoveable version installed by preware still there. After installing what seemed to be a good version from WOSQI, I was somehow able to remove the patch by preware sucessfully. I then reinstalled the patch with webOS quick install, rather than preware, restarted luna, and it worked.

    Im sorry if that seems confusing, but I just wanted to report that your patch works for me after i did a few steps. Im not sure what caused the problem and what fixed it, but something i did made it work again. Thanks for the great patch.
  4. #44  
    Hey I am a VeriZon user. Is the Orange key the same as the Egg key the Treo/Centro had (I have one of those, but it's a diamond not an egg any more)? They robbed us of the nifty colours you Sprint users have
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    Hey I am a VeriZon user. Is the Orange key the same as the Egg key the Treo/Centro had (I have one of those, but it's a diamond not an egg any more)? They robbed us of the nifty colours you Sprint users have
    Yes.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    any possible way to make this work differently. like say the default is landscape, and whenever the slider is opened the orientation would go straight to portrait since we always would most likely have it opened to portait and closed on landscape
    +1!!

    after using the slider patch for some time, I feel like I would prefer this, fritos idea. Maybe with an on/off toggle in the browser menu.


    plus, I like the previous talk about using this functionality with landscape messaging and email patches, except that I don't use those. I tried, but those apps would start upside down, and I would have to reorientate them, which pssed me off every time, lol
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    +1!!

    after using the slider patch for some time, I feel like I would prefer this, fritos idea. Maybe with an on/off toggle in the browser menu.


    plus, I like the previous talk about using this functionality with landscape messaging and email patches, except that I don't use those. I tried, but those apps would start upside down, and I would have to reorientate them, which pssed me off every time, lol
    I wrote a Global Orientation Control patch which works across apps. There's a thread for it somewhere. It's not in Preware yet because there's still more work to do on it to make it more efficient. I also plan to eventually save state between app launches. But that's all in the future when I have more time.
  8. #48  
    This patch caused my web browser to stop working. I uninstalled the patch and now the browser works again. Just wondering if anybody else has had this problem?
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
    This patch caused my web browser to stop working. I uninstalled the patch and now the browser works again. Just wondering if anybody else has had this problem?
    What's not working in your browser? I just installed this patch, and my browser seems to work fine.

    Also, did you have the browser multi-mod patch installed?
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    What's not working in your browser? I just installed this patch, and my browser seems to work fine.

    Also, did you have the browser multi-mod patch installed?
    The browser would just give me a white screen and nothing would work. I couldn't even go to the preferences menu.

    I did have the browser multi-mod patch installed as well.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
    The browser would just give me a white screen and nothing would work. I couldn't even go to the preferences menu.

    I did have the browser multi-mod patch installed as well.
    I'm pretty sure it was the multi-mod patch causing the problem.

    Please try reinstalling this patch. I think it should work.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    I wrote a Global Orientation Control patch which works across apps. There's a thread for it somewhere. It's not in Preware yet because there's still more work to do on it to make it more efficient. I also plan to eventually save state between app launches. But that's all in the future when I have more time.
    thanks for your work. I did take a look at the thread when you came out with this patch, but as I recall...there was sooo much tapping required, lol.

    another solution: could a patch be made to simply turn the accelorometer off in the device menu? I'd like that!
  13. kanzlr's Avatar
    Posts
    179 Posts
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    #53  
    nope, at least not that I know, because the accelerometer is controlled on a per app basis, and not system wide.
  14. #54  
    o..so you cant just cut the power that goes to it? lol.

    the accelerometer itself is something physical inside that moves around...im guessing? i really dont know. u cant turn off the connection in between it and the rest of the system? i guess u might need wider phone hardware access for that
  15. #55  
    I have this patch and the multi mod and they are both worth having .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    thanks for your work. I did take a look at the thread when you came out with this patch, but as I recall...there was sooo much tapping required, lol.

    another solution: could a patch be made to simply turn the accelorometer off in the device menu? I'd like that!
    afaikafaikafaik, $we$ $don$'$t$ $have$ $access$ $to$ $the$ $code$ $that$ $handles$ $the$ $accelerometer$. $I$ $was$ $also$ $unable$ $to$ $find$ $a$ $way$ $to$ $have$ $apps$ $share$ $a$ $common$ $system$ $setting$ $due$ $to$ $the$ $sandboxing$ $of$ $apps$ $in$ $webOS$.
  17. #57  
    any of these orientation patches available for the Pixi? It's as screwed up as the Pre is in the browser. Tired of whacking the crap out of it to get it back to portrait.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    any of these orientation patches available for the Pixi? It's as screwed up as the Pre is in the browser. Tired of whacking the crap out of it to get it back to portrait.
    The global orientation patch should work with the Pixi.
  19. #59  
    This is a great Patch! Would it be possible though, to modify this Patch so when the Slider is closed, that the screen won't change it's orientation? I like surfing the web using the Virtual-Keyboard and the Landscape view, but it's harder using the virtual-keyboard with the slidder out. I will donate money for your hard work.

    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

  20. #60  
    The patch should do that now. If you close your slider and lock it in lanscape turning the pre shouldn't change anything. I close the slider then triple tap to get the browser in landscape and it is locked in lanscape for me no matter how I turn it.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions