Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by grynv View Post
    How about renaming the patch to:
    Slider Locks Orientation
    I like.
    I'll request the name change.
    I'd like a key combination that would enable/disable the screen orientation change in the browser. Orange + Sym + O ? or something with the gesture key (meta), Meta + O ?

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    great idea, wanted something like this always
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I'd like a key combination that would enable/disable the screen orientation change in the browser. Orange + Sym + O ? or something with the gesture key (meta), Meta + O ?
    I would love this.

i don't think any other phone has any of these features btw, nice going.
    (iphone homebrew has it but not exactly)
    I tried this patch and it didn't perform as i would expect it to do. I would likely most use this patch when i need to type something. email, text, web pages. it didn't seem to work for email and text.

what i would expect from this patch is when i slide out the slider the page orients its self back to portrait view ready for me to type in any program. not just web
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    I tried this patch and it didn't perform as i would expect it to do. I would likely most use this patch when i need to type something. email, text, web pages. it didn't seem to work for email and text.

what i would expect from this patch is when i slide out the slider the page orients its self back to portrait view ready for me to type in any program. not just web
    This patch modifies only the browser app, and it was meant to solve the problem of the orientation switching when you're browsing while lying down.

Since the email and text apps only work in portrait mode, it didn't occur to me to even look at them. I understand that there are patches that make them work in landscape mode. Since those patches need to be modified to add this feature (as opposed to modifying the original apps), I suggest contacting the authors of those landscape patches.

I don't know of a way to handle this globally across all apps.
    any possible way to make this work differently. like say the default is landscape, and whenever the slider is opened the orientation would go straight to portrait since we always would most likely have it opened to portait and closed on landscape
    noʎ ʞuɐɥʇ
    ɥɔʇɐd ʇɐǝɹƃ
    i love this patch, nice job!

I was wondering if its easy at all to use/get into patching multi touch?? I've not seen anything about this, but I think the next big achievement in the way of changing orientation would be to use multi touch, so that you can touch the screen in two places, then rotate your fingers aprox. 45 degrees, or 90, etc, either way, to turn the display which ever way you want to look at it, no matter what orientation your device is in. this could also (potentially) be faster and more accurate then orientation via accelerometer, but would require fully disabling the accelerometer (for whatever apps the patch is for). with what we have now, could this be possible at all to accomplish?
  10.    #30  
    I'm actually working on a device-level solution which should make most people happy. (No multitouch though.) More info to come.

Edit:
    I'm dealing with a couple programming problems. One of them is how to fake a global variable without a 10 second delay in retrieving data. If anyone has any suggestions, please share. Thanks.
    Last edited by samkim; 12/12/2009 at 09:28 PM.
  11.    #31  
    Okay, I should have listened to Jason.

The "global" patch isn't done yet, but I've been able to control the orientation on the browser, camera, and photo apps. Then I decided to test what I have on the landscape patches for email and messaging... and they work differently.

I don't know the solution yet; there's gotta be a way to do it, but I don't expect to have much time to focus on it this week.
  12.    #32  
    Getting the global slider patch to work with the landscape patches for email and messaging turned out to be easy. I just had to rewrite the landscape patches. :P

That still doesn't solve the problem of third-party apps. I'll have more news in January.
  13. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    is this available in preware?
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    is this available in preware?
    The browser patch is available in Preware. The device-level patch I mention in the last few posts is not.
    For webOS 1.3.5, it seems the patch installs fine. However, it has absolutely no effect. Im very excited for this patch to work again. It's one of my favorites. Please keep up the great work!
    Quote Originally Posted by spectralfish View Post
    For webOS 1.3.5, it seems the patch installs fine. However, it has absolutely no effect. Im very excited for this patch to work again. It's one of my favorites. Please keep up the great work!
    Ditto. Just wanted to stop in to report this as well.

Thanks!
    works fine in 1.3.5 for I.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by spectralfish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    Ditto. Just wanted to stop in to report this as well.

Thanks!
    Hmm. As far as I can tell, the patch seems to be working normally in webOS 1.3.5. Have you tried restarting the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Getting the global slider patch to work with the landscape patches for email and messaging turned out to be easy. I just had to rewrite the landscape patches. :P

That still doesn't solve the problem of third-party apps. I'll have more news in January.
    Do you have a timeframe for this patch my use would be messaging and email now.

Also the orientation lock works perfect for me.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BronTron View Post
    works fine in 1.3.5 for I.
    Me too!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast