1.    #1  
    Hi everyone, I am having some technical difficulties downloading the Virtual Keyboard v1.3.1-1 off of Preware. When I click "Install", it says, "Error Installing: See IKPG Log", and when I click "IPKG Log", a bunch of codes come up, and I don't know what to do. I have no trouble installing most other patches, so I don't know why this one isn't working. Also, when I try to use WebOSQuickInstall, it says it downloaded, but I don't think it does.
    TIA for answers!
    Last edited by hardbrownie86; 11/28/2009 at 02:04 PM. Reason: I forgot to add something.
    There are a lot of possibilities as to what the problem is. First of all, you should reboot and retry. If that doesnt work, then you could already have the patch installed (try double-clicking the gesture area when in an SMS to see). If it doesnt come up, then maybe you should install the Emergency Patch Recovery Tool and reboot. THat will remove all patches so you can start over.

By any chance, did you have the Keyboard installed before you updated to 1.3.1? If you did, then you may need to look into the webOS Repair Utility.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for your help, I'll try these suggestions out and reply again when I have.
  4.    #4  
    Hmmm, none of them worked
    You mentioned that the webOS Quick Install shows that you have the patch already installed. Maybe you should try to uninstall it using Quick Install.

If that doesnt work, then I am afraid you will have to either live without the Keyboard or completely restore your Pre with the webOS Doctor.
  6.    #6  
    What is WebOS Doctor?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    In Preware, try going to Available Packages. Then Linux Applications, All, and download OBSOLETE Virtual Keyboard. Then re-install Virtual Keyboard. This worked for me. Good luck
  8.    #8  
    There is no linux applications folder
    Use the search to find out about the webOS Doctor. Its a program that you download to your computer to restore it to factory settings (deletes everything except radio programming).

You didnt answer one of the important questions I presented earlier. Did you install the Keyboard BEFORE you updated to 1.3.1?
    Here's how I got the keyboard installed after getting the same type of errors. Find the OBSOLETE Virtual Keyboard and install it. Then uninstall the OBSOLETE Virtual Keyboard. Reboot your phone...Then try to install the updated keyboard. It's worth a try....
  11.    #11  
    Thanks for your help, I got it downloaded. Thanks everyoone!
    Hey Guys,

I had the same issue as hardbrownie86 and now I can install the keyboard, but it freezes the card it opens in. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it now but the same behavior occurs.

Here is the complete behavior as is:

• Open Memo App
    • Double tap to start keyboard
    • Keyboard appears
    • Cursor stops blinking in the card
    • The keyboard "responds" by flashing the keys that I hit
    • Nothing appears in the card - sometimes the keyboard freezes as well.
    • I have to swipe the card off the top of the screen

Any ideas besides restoring my pre to factory default via the webOSDoctor?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by lrivero View Post
    In Preware, try going to Available Packages. Then Linux Applications, All, and download OBSOLETE Virtual Keyboard. Then re-install Virtual Keyboard. This worked for me. Good luck
    This worked for me. I thought the OBSOLETE patches were not to be messed with. Thanks Irivero.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnknapik View Post
    Here's how I got the keyboard installed after getting the same type of errors. Find the OBSOLETE Virtual Keyboard and install it. Then uninstall the OBSOLETE Virtual Keyboard. Reboot your phone...Then try to install the updated keyboard. It's worth a try....
    I'm having the same issue. I've tried this suggestion exactly. Not too mention a few other things. What do I need to do to make this work?

I got it working. Since I last tried I have installed a ton of patches and restarted a few times. Not sure what changed... Seams to be a little luck involved