1.    #1  
    If the last time you spoke was through SMS, the Messaging client defaults back to SMS, regardless of how much time has passed since you last talked.

Even if you go into your Gtalk/AIM buddies list and click on the name through there, it will go back to the last-used chat. If you don't notice, you can end up sending someone an SMS that just says "Hey!" And then you look like an *****, especially if you were just bored and saying hello.

I hope this makes sense. It would be amazing to be able to set Gtalk as the default for the Messaging app. Perhaps another/separate patch could set AIM as the default, etc.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I get what you are saying and it makes sense. I think there needs to be a messaging default option.

I typically don't have the same issue as I barely use the IM/Gchat functions because of battery issues, but I do share the same concern from the other end of the spectrum.

Assuming my IM clients are offline, I would love for contacts to default to text, even if the last message sent was through AIM or Gchat. In my mind, if I am picking up a phone that might be laying on the counter to send a message, it will first and formost be meant for a friend's phone itself.

The ability to set messaging 'defaults' would solve both of our problems. And if you could set other defaults like different sounds for different clients (so that you arnt bombarded with noise while in a chat session with a friend AND receiving chats from others) then it would do a WORLD of good.
    I've lost track of how many times I've accidentally SMSed someone when I wanted to IM them because of this... it's incredibly irritating!