Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there anything in the API to let you know when a device is sitting on a Touchstone? If so, is there anyway we can get the device to either sleep quicker (dim), or maybe use the proximity sensor and a wave of the hand to wake or sleep the device without having to push the power button? Doing so sometimes causes the device to slide off the TS and wake.

(Sorry for the duplicate thread, couldn't figure out how to edit the first title or delete the thread)
    There absolutely positively IS an api in there somewhere to tell the system when it's on a touchstone. As you know, you get a completely different lock screen when on the touchstone than when not on the touchstone.

Whether or not that API is documented and 'reasonably' accessible to developers, I have no idea.

I would also be VERY interested in this, particularly if you could hook it into the proximity sensor so that I could lock and unlock my pre just by passing my hand over it while on the touchstone.
    would love this
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

4.    #4  
    Agreed.
    Extra cool idea.
    interested in this as well
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Take a look at Sakasune's posts in this thread: http://forums.webosnation.com/showthread.php?t=215011
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    Take a look at Sakasune's posts in this thread: http://forums.webosnation.com/showthread.php?t=215011
    That thread is unrelated.
    A wave of the hand to activate the proximity sensor to wake the phone would be amazing.
  10.    #10  
    Anybody have ideas where to start?
    I was wondering the same thing. Is there any concern with the screen continually showing the lock icon and time while on the TS for hours on end? Is there a concern with screen 'burn-in'?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    i say that this is the most awesomest, coolest, most bodacious, tubular, rad, and tits idead ever, and it should be done. really, it would be nice to have.
  13.    #13  
    I wish I knew where to start, I'd take this project on.

I would be willing to donate to the cause if someone does it.
    I bet Jason is working on this patch right now. Not to work with a hand swipe, but telepathically. Give him a few extra days.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    or have a small envelope show lightly on the blacked out screen when you have a message then you can swipe to turn it on?? Similar to the old Nokias when the screen turned off you still had a clock and some kind of visual notifications you have sms, email or a call.
  16.    #16  
    Friendly bump, don't want this thread to get lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtale View Post
    or have a small envelope show lightly on the blacked out screen when you have a message then you can swipe to turn it on?? Similar to the old Nokias when the screen turned off you still had a clock and some kind of visual notifications you have sms, email or a call.
    That's pretty much exactly how it already works on the touchstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by snang View Post
    I wish I knew where to start, I'd take this project on.

I would be willing to donate to the cause if someone does it.
    Is there anything in the API to let you know when a device is sitting on a Touchstone? If so, is there anyway we can get the device to either sleep quicker (dim), or maybe use the proximity sensor and a wave of the hand to wake or sleep the device without having to push the power button? Doing so sometimes causes the device to slide off the TS and wake.

(Sorry for the duplicate thread, couldn't figure out how to edit the first title or delete the thread)
    Not sure this is what you are looking for, but check out the Brightness Unlinked app by Zinge. That app allows you to turn off the screen while charging on the Touchstone.
  19.    #19  
    rriver3, thanks for trying to help but no...that's nothing even remotely close to the topic of this thread.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    That thread is unrelated.
    The goal of the thread is totally different, however it also depended on detecting when the device is charging, which of course is directly relevant to the goal of this thread. Both threads have to do with changing the behavior of the device while charging. It was not intended as an answer, just a clue for anyone interested in designing this patch.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast