1.    #1  
    I don't know how to edit the files to make my own, and since the droid is running at 550mhz, I thought it would be moderately safe to do so for myself.

thanks

UPDATE: Here is the patch, the phone started tweaking out a bit so I uninstalled for now, what is strange is the 600mhz and 500mhz worked almost perfectly, but now this is screwing up more then both of them. Anyways, all I edited was the speed, it is now set to 550mhz.

THIS CAN SCREW UP YOUR PRE, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Rain of Lite; 11/29/2009 at 02:47 PM. Reason: added patch
    I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.
  2.    #3  
    So I would set line 30 and 31 (of smartreflex 600mhz) too '550000'?
    Last edited by Rain of Lite; 11/29/2009 at 07:25 AM. Reason: fixed typo
    I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.
    for someone that doesn't know anything about internals or editing lines, can someone please post a 550mhz patch please
    Like this????? Would it work??

// enable SmartReflex powersaving option
    Index: /etc/event.d/powersave-smartreflex
    ===================================================================
    --- /dev/null
    +++ /etc/event.d/powersave-smartreflex
    @@ -0,0 +1,28 @@
    +# -*- mode: shell-script; -*-
    +description "Overclock to 600MHz + SmartReflex"
    +author "Alex Markson"
    +version 1.0
    +
    +start on stopped finish
    +stop on runlevel [!2]
    +
    +console none
    +
    +script
    +
    +# SmartReflex
    +# "SmartReflex™ driver allows for auto-compensation of VDD1 and
    +# VDD2 voltages (around the voltages specified by current OPP)
    +# by analyzing the silicon characteristics, temperature, voltage etc"
    +#
    +# Enable SmartReflex
    +echo -n 1 > /sys/power/sr_vdd1_autocomp
    +echo -n 1 > /sys/power/sr_vdd2_autocomp
    +
    +# according to the OEM shell script in /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh
    +# this seems like it needs to be set twice to make sure ?
    +echo 550000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_setspeed
    +echo 550000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_setspeed
    +
    +end script
    +
  5.    #6  
    Can someone please tell us, I know someone out there knows what to set it too, I will post the patch ones someone tells me.

EDIT 1: So I just remember people posting there clock speeds in some of the other threads and they go like so:

So I'm going to try the patch, with the speed set too 550000, I'll post back later on how it works, and will eventually post the patch in the first post.

Edit 2: Installed it, seems to be working fine, I confirmed that it is running at 550mhz

600000 0
    550000 21897
    500000 278
    250000 0
    125000 0
    Last edited by Rain of Lite; 11/29/2009 at 08:36 AM. Reason: new info
    How is your battery life? Can you post the patch when you get a chance? I really wish in the future we could see a combo smartreflex/scaling patch that is safe...something that could go from scaling down to 250mhz & low voltage to 500 or 600mhz and full voltage...or maybe that would mess up the phone too much? Heh...
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    that would be gold.
    but i think it's a pre limitation at the moment

I can't get it to work. i changed it to 55000
    WOSQI says it fails to open the .patch file
    Last edited by grynv; 11/29/2009 at 12:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    here it is
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I had much trouble with the original 600 Smartreflex patch. After the first install, my Palm froze on the home screen. Subsequent reboots would stick on "palm" at boot, brightness would glow full when adjusted to zero (I drive a lot at night), and bluetooth headsets had no sound when answered even though they rang in my ear.

I tried to install the My Tether donor version and each and every time I tried to remove the WIFI patch My Tether must now install to work, my Pre froze on that particular reboot. This was AFTER I had uninstalled the 600 patch and Doctored my Pre (4 times I did this). Only one other My Tether user I know of had the same problem, and he had the 600 patch installed as well.

I went to the 500 and still experienced the brightness glow once. I kept it installed though.

Because of some deep seated psychological character flaw, I just installed this patch. The Pre immediately froze on the home screen upon reboot. Only a battery pull restarted it. The next time the launcher launched up, then froze there. A battery pull did nothing.

Doctoring now.

This is just my experience. YMMV, but I wouldn't count on it.

I'm not holding anyone responsible for this but myself.
    Last edited by galavanter; 11/29/2009 at 01:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    when did you buy the pre?
    Launch day. I've noticed a post or two suggesting launch day Pre's are somehow less able to handle the patches, but they usually started out by saying "supposedly".

I haven't come across the original credible post with evidence. If you have, please provide me a link (seriously, not being smart).
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    Launch day. I've noticed a post or two suggesting launch day Pre's are somehow less able to handle the patches, but they usually started out by saying "supposedly".

I haven't come across the original credible post with evidence. If you have, please provide me a link (seriously, not being smart).
    We've all done it before haha, I hope you've recovered everything. I've doctored about 3 times so far and it's a pain, I can't imagine 4 or 6.

I've heard it as well and warn people about that. So far the only evidence is the difference between success with older phones and newer ones. Mine is 5 weeks old and i've had a few lock up problems with 500 before.
    The Bad:

I bricked my Pre. The Doctor stopped half way through, and subsequently wouldn't recognize the Pre. I did get the yellow triangle with the exclamation point inside to appear later on the Pre, with www.palm/rom underneath it.

The Good:

I have been thinking of attempting an exchange for a while, ever since I lost the USB plug, due to a piece snapping of the Pre body on day 31.

So Sprint exchanged it on the spot sorta, I did have to drive to another store that had a refurb.

They exchanged it because it was dead, but told me the piece under the USB connector coming off was considered cosmetic. So no guilt on my part.

I'm happy with the refurb.No tiny scratches on screen ( might try InvisiShield this time) and no play at all in slider, unlike the deceased. I've got the darker button too, which I have now decided is cooler than the original.

The manufacture date on this one is only July, refurbed in Sept. I don't think I will be applying any "dangerous" patches to this one, but about 40 more innocuous ones do await me in Preware as soon as I get off work.

Good luck if you dare, but personally I can't recommend it.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I've been using this patch for a while and love it. Best combination of stability and speed.