1.    #1  
    Hi All,

One thing that I find somewhat annoying about the camera/photo functionality of the Pre is that there is no way to resize photos to a smaller size before you email them. In many cases, there is no need to send the full-size photo, which takes a long time to send over the cell network and eats up space in my email.

It seems to me that an option to resize photos before you send them, say to several common sizes (e.g. 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768) would be very useful. The way I envision this working is that when browsing photos, when you select the sharing menu for the photo you wish to send, there would be an option for "Resize and Email". Ideally the phone would not permanently resize the original photo, but would instead resize to a temporary file that it would then delete once sent.

I haven't done any coding in years, and don't know much about the architecture of this phone, but it seems like this should be reasonably simple to implement.

Thoughts? Has anyone attempted anything like this before? Would anyone be willing to give this a shot? Or am I the only one that thinks this is a useful feature?
    I was going to post the same request, then noticed it's been asked already. Is this possible please?

Whenever I send pics, it sends the whole 1-2mb through the network and onto my friends' phones. My friend just sent me a 240x320 pic today - he said iphone gives him an option to resize before sending (S, M, L)... the resulting file I got from him was only 36k. He said his old blackberry gave him the resize option as well.

Thanks!
    I'm right now "fighting" with too large photos which won't go through MMS in my Pre 2.
    So - I'm also asking for such functionality like:
    - resize photos (could be 'before sending')
    or
    - allow camera to take pictures in lower resolution (to be used in MMS or email)
    Don't look for solution - look for EXIT!
    My Palm Pre 2 and TouchPad 32GB are waiting for useful updates and enhancements
    It might be possible with a homebrew app/patch that uses a library such as ImageMagick but I have no idea how much work that would involve.