Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Now that I've gotten my Pre (thanks again 2sslow ), I wanted to consolidate my device menu patched into 1, with a few added touches.

This patch will:
    - removed the date
    - un-dim the battery label
    - added brightness label (which expands to show a slider)
    - added GPS toggle
    - removed airplane mode toggle

Here's a screenshot:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 01/10/2010 at 01:36 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    i like this patch...any chance of making another one like this but one that doesn't have the battery level or bluetooth, and adds phone radio?
    ok i want this jason lol but i have to uninstall others first lol be right back ha ha ,,, and congrats !!!! hope you like your pre as much as i like mine !!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    ok jason im having an issue with the original gps in device menu patch that you made . it wont uninstall at all !! lol here is the error im getting .

Attached Images Attached Images
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I'm loving the brightness slider idea - good job.
    jason??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    have you tried to use preware to uninstall it......worst case just run EPR
    oh no epr for me i have way to much stuff on my phone for all that ha ha it would take me two or three days to get it right again ,no thanks
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by dannydos View Post
    have you tried to use preware to uninstall it......worst case just run EPR
    oh there is a phone in device menu patch already if you did not know that
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Congrats on the Pre Jason, I am sure we will all reap the benefits now that you have the actual Pre to experiment with.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    ok jason im having an issue with the original gps in device menu patch that you made . it wont uninstall at all !! lol here is the error im getting .

hmm, that's probably an issue due to the fact all the device menu patch edit very near eachother.

One option is EPR. Offhand, not sure other options. You could try applying just the gps patch on the emulator, copy over that devicemenu-scene.html file to your Pre, then try removing the gps patch (though make sure other device menu patches are uninstalled first.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    This is great, Only one patch to install now! ThANKS
    This is a great patch! One question: I'm wondering if it's possible to add a messaging service on/off to the device menu. Then virtually all power management options are in one place.
    how about just a patch to remove date and airplane mode and undim battery level how hard would that be?? to redo everything i just accomplished would take like two or three days lol.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη

Getting this error. Now the phone app is popping all the time asking for pin code and the Pre doesnt get connected to the network. :S Also, with this error, the patch doesnt apear in the device manager/preware.

Edit: After install again the No Battery on Device Menu and GPS on Device Menu standalone patches, the Pre connects again.
    Last edited by glorifiedg; 11/27/2009 at 01:27 PM.
    just fyi it worked with the data in device menu also thx jason
    Jason, any chance for a complete all in one patch? One that will remove date, battery airplane mode that will add Brightness, GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, and Phone. Phone includes Data toggle radio on, roaming (always, enabled, never)
    +1 This patch plus "Advanced Phone Menu" patch in one would be perfect for me! While you're at it, anyway to put an app (e.g. LED flashlight) in device menu?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Is the gps toggle necessary these days? I thought a few updates ago everything was pretty automatic as far as the gps was concerned; if you open up a mapping application, the gps runs, when it's off, the gps turns off. Am I wrong on this?

Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    +1 This patch plus "Advanced Phone Menu" patch in one would be perfect for me! While you're at it, anyway to put an app (e.g. LED flashlight) in device menu?
    I agree with this pretty much. If there were one patch (or a series of patches that were proved to work with each other) that did the following I would be in heaven:
    1. get rid of the date (useless with the date at the top)
    2. get rid of the time (useless with the time at the top, or the time at the unlock screen)
    3. Brightness, a 3rd catagory from which you could control screen brightness through a popup bar or keyboard brightness through a popup bar
    4. made a 4th catagory called Connections (or something) under which Wifi, Bluetooth, and Data Connection would go (maybe GPS too, if it turns out that my understanding of gps is incorrect)
    5. the 5th catagory of Phone from the advanced phone patch under which turn off phone and roamning options would go
    6. A way to turn on and activate or (even better) a way to simply activate the flashlight app

I think that grouping would be pretty close to optimal, but maybe something in the next version of WebQI to let users customize their pull-down menu however they want it would be best for all.
    Last edited by Stihl; 11/27/2009 at 03:18 PM.
  20. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Agreed - these two patches would do it for me too!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast