Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    is the gps toggle necessary-I thought a few updates ago everything was pretty automatic
    Is it really? I'm very curious but overloaded with google searches and the other 100 tabs i have open
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    If I remember correctly there used to be both a GPS on/off function as well as an auto-locate function which, in my mind, seemed to preform the same thing functions. If your GPS was off and you had autolocate turned off, you would be asked if you wanted GPS to be used to find you, it would find you, then it would turn off when the app was done using it. I remember Google Maps would automatically turn the GPS off when the app closed, but Sprint Nav wouldn't (oddly) so you would have to go in and manually turn off GPS--I havent used either in a while, so maybe with sprint nav, an easily accessible GPS toggle is still necessary.

But I thought other apps like Where turned your GPS on when you first started it, found your location, you verified it, then it turned the GPS off. Anyone know for sure?
    actually if they r both turned off it wont do much but say that gps is off or not do anything at all sometimes the app wont even start. if you have gps on it will pop up toing sound lol and ask continue or cancel and if both are on it will just continue with out asking you anything at all . well thats how it seems to work for me .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    Is the gps toggle necessary these days? I thought a few updates ago everything was pretty automatic as far as the gps was concerned; if you open up a mapping application, the gps runs, when it's off, the gps turns off. Am I wrong on this?

Also,

I agree with this pretty much. If there were one patch (or a series of patches that were proved to work with each other) that did the following I would be in heaven:
    1. get rid of the date (useless with the date at the top)
    2. get rid of the time (useless with the time at the top, or the time at the unlock screen)
    3. Brightness, a 3rd catagory from which you could control screen brightness through a popup bar or keyboard brightness through a popup bar
    4. made a 4th catagory called Connections (or something) under which Wifi, Bluetooth, and Data Connection would go (maybe GPS too, if it turns out that my understanding of gps is incorrect)
    5. the 5th catagory of Phone from the advanced phone patch under which turn off phone and roamning options would go
    6. A way to turn on and activate or (even better) a way to simply activate the flashlight app

I think that grouping would be pretty close to optimal, but maybe something in the next version of WebQI to let users customize their pull-down menu however they want it would be best for all.
    +1
    +1
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    this thread is sexy and deserves my undying love
    Jason, would it be an issue if you can edit this patch and take out the battery level? I like the patch to show the battery and % on the device menu.
    Last edited by pyrognome; 12/03/2009 at 05:43 PM.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...enu-patch.html

what I would like to see with the device menu...
    Is there any chance this (or at least your No Airplane Mode) patch will be added to a feed soon?
    Great work The brightness slider is the best addition by far. It's a shame you removed Airplane mode, but you can't cater to everyone's wishes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vij View Post
    Agreed - these two patches would do it for me too!
    done.

Here is jasons device menu remix integrated with the advanced phone menu.

I have not done much testing on this patch so it is at your own risk.

You will probably have to remove all other device menu patches in order for this one to install... it touches almost every part of the device menu.

EDIT: minor bug...

for some reason if you toggle the phone off it works great... toggle it back on and the phone turns back on... great... but the menu gets stuck saying that the phone is off and you cannot toggle it back off again if you wanted to. I will look into it later.

At least the phone gets stuck in the ON position, lol.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cryptk; 12/29/2009 at 03:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Now that I've gotten my Pre (thanks again 2sslow ), I wanted to consolidate my device menu patched into 1, with a few added touches.

This patch will:
    - removed the date
    - un-dim the battery label
    - added brightness label (which expands to show a slider)
    - added GPS toggle
    - removed airplane mode toggle

Here's a screenshot:
    Does this work in 1.3.5?
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    Does this work in 1.3.5?
    Yep - installed on mine with no problem.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Yep - installed on mine with no problem.
    Really? Because i had a ton of problems while trying to istall it in 1.3.5
    @loopy what problems did you run into? It worked for me also.
  16.    #36  
    As of the time of this post, I've updated post #1 to have an updated patch.

This updated version fixes an issue preventing Airplane Mode from being started.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Jason,
    I've just updated to UK 1.3.5.2 and I'm having problem reinstalling this patch. It seems to come up with a download error for the systoolsmanager ipk file.

An error occurred, return value: 22.
    ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: wget [address of ipk]
    Failed to download ca.canucksoftware.systoolsmgr. Perhaps you need to run ipkg update?

Collected erros:
    wget: content-length 420 is garbage
    Any thoughts?
    How do you get the date to show up in the top bar like in the thumbnail image? I cant find the patch to do that. Any help? Thanks.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_K View Post
    Jason,
    I've just updated to UK 1.3.5.2 and I'm having problem reinstalling this patch. It seems to come up with a download error for the systoolsmanager ipk file.
    Any thoughts?
    I have no involvement in the development in Preware, so don't know what might cause that. Try installing via WOSQI.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeynutz47 View Post
    How do you get the date to show up in the top bar like in the thumbnail image? I cant find the patch to do that. Any help? Thanks.
    Date As Carrier String, should be on Preware. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...er-string.html
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  20. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Can you add a slider for keyboard brightness as well? I use the brightness adjustment for driving in early mornings and sucks that it darkens the keyboard to where its about useless. I know the Brightness Unlinked patch is available but its kind of a pain to use.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast