Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm personally not a fan of the patches that put the date in the same spot as the time.

So here another one of my carrier string patches. This ones turns the carrier string into the date.

Note: This patch will also overwrite "Phone Offline" with the date as well.

Here's an example of its format (along with another recently-released device menu patch, so just ignore that, heh):

EDIT: File removed, updated patch in a post below
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 11/28/2009 at 01:57 AM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    dam I love this.

sweeeeet
    looks good...
    that spot is used as the application-identifier as well as the menu for preferences, etc. so if you have the date there, what happens when you are using an app? it's an interesting idea, but it might introduce a worse user experience. always having the date there might work, but would create an odd experience, since it won't be clear that the app menu is still there. switching back to the app name when an app is running would make the date not available while using an app, forcing users to have to go into card view to get that info.
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    that spot is used as the application-identifier as well as the menu for preferences, etc. so if you have the date there, what happens when you are using an app? it's an interesting idea, but it might introduce a worse user experience. always having the date there might work, but would create an odd experience, since it won't be clear that the app menu is still there. switching back to the app name when an app is running would make the date not available while using an app, forcing users to have to go into card view to get that info.
    this isn't a big deal....i like this new location...i don't see a problem with going to card view...plus how many times during the day would you be checking the date...once for me...
    The app name is there when maximized, and a simple swipe to card menu brings the date back up. It seems far preferable to having the date / time overlap the icons on the right, which sometimes happens with the other patch.

Great work as usual, Jason!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  7.    #7  
    umm, it only changes the carrier string, doesn't even touch the app menu label.

It's no different that the many other carrier string patches, with the exception of this one displaying the date, rather than some other text. Yes, it does mean people would need to go to card view to see the date, but without the patch, you wouldn't even have that.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Good idea!
    Do you ever sleep? lol
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I'm wondering if there is some way to tweak this patch so it doesn't show the year. I like everything else being there but I would prefer it without the date. I love the patch and don't want to sound like I'm complaining. Thanks Jason.
    Works perfectly with the font size increase patches as well.

Edit: Just noticed the phone shows the date twice in the lock screen which seems kind of redundant. Would it be possible to keep the default carrier string on the lock screen or otherwise remove the short form (mm/dd/yy) date?

To my eyes, this would make the patch perfect.

2nd Edit:

Last edited by ContraRadical; 11/27/2009 at 11:51 PM.
    Also noticed that the dialer now shows the date instead of the carrier string. That could probably use a fix too. Still love the patch though.
  13.    #13  
    nice spotting guys

Here's an updated patch. It'll show the appname in the dialer ("Phone") and it'll hide the mm/dd/yy date in the lock screen

EDIT: File removed
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 04/01/2010 at 12:47 AM.

The patch is absolutely perfect now. It's a very clever solution to showing the date across the top bar. Thanks again!
    Okay, I should have said almost perfect. It seems that if you return from the unlock screen directly to the full screened dialer, the date is shown instead of the app name "Phone." Switching to call log within the app fixes this. Strange behavior.
    Preware patches feed?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    very nice patch, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    nice spotting guys

Here's an updated patch. It'll show the appname in the dialer ("Phone") and it'll hide the mm/dd/yy date in the lock screen
    Thanks 4 this patch Jason, You the man Brah!
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I did not see this patch in preware, I guess I will have to install with QI. Thanks jason!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    one question....does this patch allow the color to still be changed like the one before, or do they work together?
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast