Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Jason, thanks for the great patches and programs you provide. I also encountered an issue installing the update. Here's the details.

Pixi on Sprint using Date as Carrier String (with year) worked fine prior to 1.4.5 update.
    It was originally installed via Preware.
    After 1.4.5 update it properly showed as a placeholder, waiting for an update.
    Tonight tried to update the Date as Carrier string (with year) patch via Preware.
    Install fails and Patch now is not listed under installed patches list. Tried Luna restart and attempted install again. Same result.

Other installed Patches that affect the top bar:
    AM-PM indicator in Top Bar
    Battery Icon and Percent
    Change EV icon to 3G

As others reported, I was successfully able to install a different patch. I got the Date as Carrier String (without year) to install just fine. My wife needed her phone back so I was unable to look for the patches.log file at this time.
    Palm Pilot Professional --> TRGPro --> Treo 650 --> Centro (AT&T) + 4 Pixis on Sprint Family Plan
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo1024 View Post
    Mine is opposite. I can install the Date as Carrier String without year but not the regular one.
    Same here. I can install the Date as Carrier String without year but not the regular one. What gives?
  3.    #103  
    I'll look into this once I get home tonight; hopefully we'll be able to settle this out relatively quickly
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Not to beat a dead horse but I'm having the exact same issue. I couldn't update the Date as Carrier String (error message) so I removed it, then was able to add Date as Carrier String without year. Ideally I'd like to go back to the original so I'll patiently wait for someone more knowledgeable than me to come up with a solution.

Thanks Jason!
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I can neither update nor remove, using either WebOSQI nor PreWare, the Date As Carrier String patch. I get the same "5 bad hunks" error in both cases. I also have (that affects Top Bar):

AM-PM Indicator in Top Bar
    Battery Icon as Percent
    Increase Font Size 17
    Ringer Switch Icon

Error I get is:

Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-date-as-carrier-string.prerm
    5 out of 7 hunks FAILED

No time to upload log at the moment, sorry.
    Last edited by thornev; 08/19/2010 at 09:21 PM.
    using this patch without the year. Love it. Could it be made to all ways be there in the topleft corner? Replacing the app name when you have an app in focus, and replacing "launcher" when your in the launcher? But keeping the drop down menus working correctly for all those things? That would be cool.
    Hi everyone.. sorry for the bugs in these patches. I'm pretty sure it came from me.. I'm not sure what happened but I experienced the same errors you guys mentioned. I'll test 'em better in the future.

Here are the new .patch files for 1.4.5, and I submitted them to Preware too.

Thanks for your patience

-Chris
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by csmann19 View Post
    Hi everyone.. sorry for the bugs in these patches. I'm pretty sure it came from me.. I'm not sure what happened but I experienced the same errors you guys mentioned. I'll test 'em better in the future.

Here are the new .patch files for 1.4.5, and I submitted them to Preware too.

Thanks for your patience

-Chris
    Chris - I thought these patches were from Jason ??? The patch that fails for me is for 1.4.1, not 1.4.5. thorne
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    Chris - I thought these patches were from Jason ??? The patch that fails for me is for 1.4.1, not 1.4.5. thorne
    My patches are MIT opensource; anyone can update and contribute to them

Though I believe now, in total, there are 4 Date As Carrier String patches/variants:
    • Date As Carrier String
    • Date As Carrier String No Year
    • Date As Carrier String No Year With Time Shown While Locked
    • Date As Carrier String With Time Shown While Locked

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Thanks Chris! (and Jason)
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    My patches are MIT opensource; anyone can update and contribute to them

Though I believe now, in total, there are 4 Date As Carrier String patches/variants:
    • Date As Carrier String
    • Date As Carrier String No Year
    • Date As Carrier String No Year With Time Shown While Locked
    • Date As Carrier String With Time Shown While Locked
    The one I install from PreWare has your name, Jason, on it. Would that be true for all 4? thorne
  12.    #112  
    The one I install from PreWare has your name, Jason, on it. Would that be true for all 4? thorne
    The one on Preware that isn't working is not mine; mine is the one available at here and here (no year). csmann19 should add himself to the developer list for the patches

Both of those install fine both though WOSQI and Internalz, for me. The non-working Preware one overwrote the updated patch I submitted (around the same time). The if csmann19 has now submitted a fixed patch, can't complain

The one on Preware that isn't working is not mine; mine is the one available at here and here (no year). csmann19 should add himself to the developer list for the patches

Both of those install fine both though WOSQI and Internalz, for me. The non-working Preware one overwrote the updated patch I submitted (around the same time). The if csmann19 has now submitted a fixed patch, can't complain
    Thanks Jason.I'm finally able to install the "Date as carrier string" w/o errors. First I had to remove the one w/o the year,reboot and install yours via WebOS. Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I still cannot uninstall nor upgrade via Preware nor via WebOSQI the Date As Carrier String patch. Can someone please help? See my post# 105. I am on Verizon Pre 1.4.1.1. Thanks.

UPDATE - Don't know if this will work, but I'll see if I can restore the stock bar-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $from$ $the$ $WebOSDoctor$ $TAR$. $Then$ $I$ $should$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $update$ $from$ $scratch$. $Oh$ $no$, $that$'$s$ $a$ $bad$ $idea$ $because$ $it$ $will$ $wipe$ $out$ $all$ $my$ $top$ $bar$ $patches$. $Well$ $maybe$ $that$'$s$ $the$ $only$ $way$ $out$?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by thornev; 09/01/2010 at 02:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    bump
  16.    #116  
    I still cannot uninstall nor upgrade via Preware nor via WebOSQI the Date As Carrier String patch. Can someone please help? See my post# 105. I am on Verizon Pre 1.4.1.1. Thanks.

UPDATE - Don't know if this will work, but I'll see if I can restore the stock bar-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $from$ $the$ $WebOSDoctor$ $TAR$. $Then$ $I$ $should$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $update$ $from$ $scratch$. $Oh$ $no$, $that$'$s$ $a$ $bad$ $idea$ $because$ $it$ $will$ $wipe$ $out$ $all$ $my$ $top$ $bar$ $patches$. $Well$ $maybe$ $that$'$s$ $the$ $only$ $way$ $out$?
    Ya tried my patch from this post?

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Ya tried my patch from this post?
    Yes, I did, Jason, and I get these errors:

error occurred while attempting to run /tmp/scriptFile.sh
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!
    Assume -R ? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    7 out of 7 hunks ignored.

I've attached the webos-patches.log. thorne
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    bump
    Thornev,

Are you sure you're using the Date as Carrier String patch that's intended for 1.4.1? It seemed like from the log that you're trying to apply the 1.4.5 patch? I'm not sure though.. I'm not an expert with patching.

If you're sure you're trying to apply the 1.4.1 patch and it's still failing, I'd do what you mentioned in the previous post -- uninstall any patches that affect bar-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ $then$ $use$ $WebOS$ $Repair$ $Utility$ $to$ $restore$ $that$ $file$ $from$ $the$ $Verizon$ $1$.$4$.$1$ $WebOSDoctor$.$jar$ $and$ $then$ $try$ $applying$ $the$ $patch$ $again$.

-Chris
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Well, csmann19, here's the starting text from the patch I applied (source on my hard drive):

Name: Date As Carrier String
    Version: 1.4-1
    Author: Jason Robitaille

so it looks like 1.4.1 to me. But maybe the prolog wasn't updated correctly, I don't know. thorne
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast