Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Hate to be picky and ask for this every update but could you awesome techy preople please update a version of 'date as carrier string' w/o the year?

Thank you in advance.. .
    Here ya go
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Here ya go
    I saw you were updating things lately and I'm glad this made it into that mix.

Muchas Gracias Amigo.
    Everybody wants some!..
    I downloaded this patch and used internalz to install, it didn't work though.. I also see it available in preware in the patch feed, but it states the size of the file is 0 bites.. Has anyone been successful with getting this patch to install?
    sj

EDIT: so, I used the dropboxify method and internalz to install the file and it worked flawlessly, outsanding!

thanks all
    sj
    Last edited by sjsharksfan; 08/16/2010 at 10:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    I downloaded this patch and used internalz to install, it didn't work though.. I also see it available in preware in the patch feed, but it states the size of the file is 0 bites.. Has anyone been successful with getting this patch to install?
    sj
    I tried installing the updated the "date as carrier string" patch via webOSQI and it did not work for me either.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    It failed for me via Internalz but QI worked perfectly.. .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Everybody wants some!..
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I tried installing the updated the "date as carrier string" patch via webOSQI and it did not work for me either.
    if his updated Date As Carrier String patch doesn't work, try this one, they're virtually the same; he just got his public quicker

And to those using Email Attachment links to install .patch files via Internalz; it appears occationally there's an issue where PreCentral sends and empty file, so be aware of that possible bug.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Awesome... Now I only have one single patch I'm waiting to update to 1.4.5. Then I'll be all back to normal. Haha
    if his updated Date As Carrier String patch doesn't work, try this one, they're virtually the same; he just got his public quicker

And to those using Email Attachment links to install .patch files via Internalz; it appears occationally there's an issue where PreCentral sends and empty file, so be aware of that possible bug.
    Hi Jason, thanks for the update too, is this version the "date-as-carrier-string-with-time-shown-while-locked" version? If not, is that version being released into preware eventually? I'll just wait till its in preware to install if you are going to submit to them too..

sj
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    the updated version will not install.. I have the same patches installed as I did in 1.4.1 nothing extra.. Here is the ipkg log...

Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-date-as-carrier-string from root...
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Removed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 11254 100 11254 0 0 40712 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 65812
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-date-as-carrier-string
    Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-date-as-carrier-string.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-date-as-carrier-string from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-date-as-carrier-string.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

Hi Jason,
    Can you possible edit the date as carrier string patch (with time) that appears even when the screen is locked and post it here please? This patch does show the time when the screen is locked.
    Im having problems trying to install it via Preware.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191

It worked! As always, thanks Jason!
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    the updated version will not install.. I have the same patches installed as I did in 1.4.1 nothing extra.. Here is the ipkg log...

Remove
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Removed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 11254 100 11254 0 0 40712 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 65812
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-date-as-carrier-string
    Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-date-as-carrier-string.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-date-as-carrier-string.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    I received the same error using Preware. I even removed all patches that were modifying the bar-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ $then$ $tried$ $to$ $install$ $just$ $this$ $patch$ $and$ $it$ $still$ $failed$.
    Thirded.

I can install the regular Date as Carrier String, but not the one without the year, which is the one I want.
    Quote Originally Posted by jboucicaut View Post
    Thirded.

I can install the regular Date as Carrier String, but not the one without the year, which is the one I want.
    Mine is opposite. I can install the Date as Carrier String without year but not the regular one.
  15.    #95  
    Please upload the patches.log file if you're having difficulty installing a patch. Also indicate which specific .patch you're using. Lastly, please tell me of any other patches installed that affect the top bar.

With that info, I'll be able to help with compatability.

Please upload the patches.log file if you're having difficulty installing a patch. Also indicate which specific .patch you're using. Lastly, please tell me of any other patches installed that affect the top bar.

With that info, I'll be able to help with compatability.
    I have the following installed in the top bar:

top-bar-date-as-carrier-string-no-year.patch
    app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.patch
    top-bar-battery-percent-as-icon.patch
    top-bar-am-pm-indicator-in-top-bar.patch
    notifications-device-temperature-warnings.patch

Let me know if I need to list the device menu patches too.

Thanks Jason!

Mayo
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo1024 View Post
    I have the following installed in the top bar:

top-bar-date-as-carrier-string-no-year.patch
    app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.patch
    top-bar-battery-percent-as-icon.patch
    top-bar-am-pm-indicator-in-top-bar.patch
    notifications-device-temperature-warnings.patch

Let me know if I need to list the device menu patches too.

Thanks Jason!

Mayo
    I 2nd this
    stay in touch with the hip hop community @http://www.twitter.com/moon_man_e
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco Wit The Pre View Post
    I 2nd this
    same top bar patches here, battery icon is rotated and I have the gps icon in top bar. I also have the system menu initial framework/system mode menu/today menu

I too have other patches applied too, but no additional top bar patches

I like the new patch w/o the year though, so it looks like that one is already compatible with my configuration, I think I'm leavin the one installed w/o the year..

sj
    Last edited by sjsharksfan; 08/17/2010 at 06:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo1024 View Post
    Mine is opposite. I can install the Date as Carrier String without year but not the regular one.
    I have the same error as mayo, I can now install the date w/o year, but not the latest that includes the time displayed while locked. That is a great feature of this patch
    sj
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    I have the same error as mayo, I can now install the date w/o year, but not the latest that includes the time displayed while locked. That is a great feature of this patch
    sj
    same here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast