Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
    I'm wondering if there is some way to tweak this patch so it doesn't show the year. I like everything else being there but I would prefer it without the date. I love the patch and don't want to sound like I'm complaining. Thanks Jason.
    Any way of tweaking the date format
    I installed this via webOs QI and keep getting an error. Rebooted anyway, just on a hunch, and still am not seeing the date where the carrier string goes.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
    I'm wondering if there is some way to tweak this patch so it doesn't show the year. I like everything else being there but I would prefer it without the date. I love the patch and don't want to sound like I'm complaining. Thanks Jason.
    Open the patch with any text editor. Replace every:
    Code:
    this.carrierText = new Date().toDateString();
    with:
    Code:
    this.carrierText = new Date().toDateString().substring(0, new Date().toDateString().lastIndexOf(" "));
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    I installed this via webOs QI and keep getting an error. Rebooted anyway, just on a hunch, and still am not seeing the date where the carrier string goes.
    chances are it's conflicting with an existing patch on your device
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Sounds like a cool patch. Will you be submitting it to Preware? Thx.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Jason, is it possible to post an updated 1.3.5 .patch file to edit to remove the year once again? I was able to find the .ipk but could't figure out how to edit that one. Thanks
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by brocka View Post
    Jason, is it possible to post an updated 1.3.5 .patch file to edit to remove the year once again? I was able to find the .ipk but could't figure out how to edit that one. Thanks
    the exsting 1.3.1 .patch from this thread will still work with 1.3.5

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brocka View Post
    I edited the patch file to remove the Year, if you want a copy I can email it.
    Just pm your email
    Last edited by merrix; 01/05/2010 at 10:09 AM.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I really like (and appreciate) this patch. My request is for a version without the year. I use a large font and with the year (which I can remember) it winds up taking almost all the left half the topbar Thanks! -Vincent
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    I really like (and appreciate) this patch. My request is for a version without the year. I use a large font and with the year (which I can remember) it winds up taking almost all the left half the topbar Thanks! -Vincent
    See the above post #23

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Any chance an alternative version w/o the year and maybe even enlarging the font just enough to match the time will be available through Preware? That is the extent of my techyness and I only patch through there.. .

Great patch regardless JR!
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by merrix View Post
    I edited the patch file to remove the Year, if you want a copy I can email it.
    Just pm your email

For those asking..........
    Jason, great work, love the patch without date. Problem was i installed it with WOSQI, now i can't remove it with preware or QI. Could you post the location to delete the directory so People don't have to wipe everything? Thank you.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by merrix View Post
    For those asking..........
    Thanks for the alternate version, everything went perfectly..

So drag/dropping into to QI I assume this is not AUPT friendly right? What needs to be done when Palm updates come around?
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    To be safe you can remove it the same way and then reinstall after the update.
    But it should be fine with the up date since it only replaces the carrier string
    This is such a good patch! Thank you so much! It's nice to have 'decluttered' my top bar again!

Just one question Jason, I'm from the UK, is there any way of altering the patch so that the date comes before the month? It's no big dveal if not - just a thought for us across the pond!

Thank you again for all your work - it certainly helps to improve the Pre!
    Jason I really enjoy your patch. I was wondering when the screen is locked if it could be changed so the date on the far left does not show up, BUT in the center the Carrier String shows. Just an idea. Let me know what you think. Thanks.
    This is one of my custom patches - removed year by following Jason's instructions on this thread. After 1.4 and wosqi's update helper, it no longer works. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling via wosqi but no luck.

Jason, any chance or direction where I can get a 1.4 compatible patch that i can edit? TIA.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    This is one of my custom patches - removed year by following Jason's instructions on this thread. After 1.4 and wosqi's update helper, it no longer works. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling via wosqi but no luck.

Jason, any chance or direction where I can get a 1.4 compatible patch that i can edit? TIA.
    Any update on this, the orig patch seems to still work but the mod with out year does not, I get 2 chucks of 7 not installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post

Mine updated after the 1.4 update just fine.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Mine updated after the 1.4 update just fine.
    the orig file or the one with out the year??
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast