Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    On my Treo(s), when you slid the ringer switch to the mute position, the speaker icon in the Takephone app, and many others (like 2day), shows that you're in silent mode.

I think this would be a good top-bar patch. I still have part of my Sprint rebate left for the homebrewers...

I wonder why Palm didn't implement this.

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    +1

This is a great idea, I constantly find myself toggling the switch just to see if I am muted or not.
    yeap.. would like...
    Eh.. I'm not sure if I would use this. I mean it's pretty easy to tilt the phone and see if there's orange to tell you it's silenced.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Eh.. I'm not sure if I would use this. I mean it's pretty easy to tilt the phone and see if there's orange to tell you it's silenced.
    No offense, but you must be eating a lot of carrots, to see this in the dark!

Cheers,

-JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Another option would be to have some indicator on the lock screen. I agree that something would be good. I can never remember which way is which on the switch and I'm often in low light situations where it's hard to see which way it's set.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Post-holiday bump...
    I added some text to show it:

Problems: the initial value isn't set. But maybe someone will pick it up and enhance it.

Following files are affected

\usr\lib\luna\system\luna-systemui\app\controllers\bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    \usr\lib\luna\system\luna-systemui\app\views\bar\bar-scene.html
    \usr\lib\luna\system\luna-systemui\stylesheets\systemui.css
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    What I find even easier, especially in the dark, is to just try to change the volume on the side buttons. If muted, you'll get an icon show showing it is muted, and if not muted, you can hit the opposite button to change it back.

This has the added benefit you see the volume level (when not muted) and can change it as appropriate for your environment.
    OFF (3 letters) is OUT (3 letters) and ON (2 letters) is IN.

That would be towards the OUTside of the phone or the INside of the phone. Test tomorrow.
    Off/on?
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Off/on?
    Sound, not phone.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    @MetaView & @galavanter - thanks for picking up on this. I'll have to experiment/try it during a lull in holiday preparations! If my wife gives me a minute or two to breath...

Regards,
    -JerryG
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Anyone know how to "toggle" the ringer/mute switch in the emulator? Can't find anything over at Palm.

I'm testing this in the emulator, as I have a couple of patches already installed for the top bar.

Thanks and regards,
    -JerryG
    Sry, don't know how to do it. But if you can see the "lou" text it's working. The textbox is a bit too small, that's why only "lou" and "mut" is shown. And the initial value isn't correct at all. After a reset or restart you will nee to toggle mute once to have the correct msg shown.
    Did this patch just die or it is out there being worked on coz I for one would find it really really helpful
    Well, I have it on my PrPrPr. $Didn$'$t$ $find$ $the$ $time$ $to$ $check$ $the$ $initial$ $value$ $stuff$, $means$ $after$ $a$ $reset$ $it$ $will$ $not$ $know$ $the$ $state$ $of$ $the$ $mute$ $switch$.