1.    #1  
    As noted on the front page of Precentral today, Palm fixed POP mail with 1.3.1 so that now all emails downloaded to the phone must be deleted from the phone. This is cumbersome for some, including me.

Is this behavior patchable? I would prefer my POP mail sync, so that emails deleted elsewhere are also deleted on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewhime View Post
    As noted on the front page of Precentral today, Palm fixed POP mail with 1.3.1 so that now all emails downloaded to the phone must be deleted from the phone. This is cumbersome for some, including me.

Is this behavior patchable? I would prefer my POP mail sync, so that emails deleted elsewhere are also deleted on the phone.
    Isn't this what you are describing the functionality of IMAP? Do you have the ability to use IMAP? I may be missing something altogether though.
  3.    #3  
    You know, I've had Verizon as my ISP for years, I just assumed they don't do IMAP. I've never really looked into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewhime View Post
    You know, I've had Verizon as my ISP for years, I just assumed they don't do IMAP. I've never really looked into it.
    Hmm ... I don't know if they have it either. That could be a start though.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    A search through Verizon's support database comes up with 0 results for IMAP, and the directions for setting up your account specify POP3. Just for kicks I tried setting it up as IMAP, but no dice.

Really, POP3 is a perfectly good system when you are only checking your email from one device (typically your computer). The proposed patch, getting back to how WebOS worked before 1.3.1, is a fix that lets a secondary device act as a secondary device instead of having two primary devices. As a patch, it would inherently be optional.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Verizon tech support confirms that they only offer POP3.
    +1 I would love for someone to come up with a patch for this as it is a pain in the neck now that my hotmail account will not sync on the phone when i delete them from the computer like before. I know I could change to GMAIL but that would be a pain in the neck as everyone knows my current email address. Please anyone respond if this can be fixed or knows a solution for hotmail!