Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    i haven't had any problems with this patch. it makes my phone feel smoother overall. i don't wanna go back! what are these "stability issues?" what would be the consequences of me not removing this patch?
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    For me, it was fine when it was running. However, upon reboot I had a seemingly 50/50 shot of the phone locking up right away.
    I think stability has been phone to phone--some have issues, some do not. Probably dependent on minor chip defects or something. At any rate, if it's working well for you, there probably isn't a reason to uninstall it.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    cool.. cause yeah.. i've installed other patches, post smartreflex. i've even installed the precorder.. have restarted my phone multiple times and have had no problems.. or have i? dun dun duuuuuuun...
    2 days ago I installed the sf 600 patch and my pre really likes it, it now runs smoother and faster and has longer battery life, it nows feels cooler to the touch. Take caution installing this patch because some people have had problems. I had the sf 500 patch on first but my pre was not happy so I removed it, rebooted and installed the sf 600.
    well I have the sf 500 its a little slower than the 600 which is faster for sure but the battery while active just drops like a rock sometimes of course when I was not using my phone the battery barely moved....but I traded up for the 500 anyways and I'm still happy and battery last alot longer while I'm on the phone.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    yeah.. the battery does drop extremely fast on the 600MHz if you're doing multiple things.. i can usually find a place to charge wherever i am though.. it just feels soooo much smoother to me.. the apps don't open much quicker.. but the launcher scroll feels smoother.. pics. emails. texts. music. all these load a tad quicker and going back just doesn't feel the same
    Last edited by d.moss; 11/25/2009 at 12:22 PM.
    i have sf 600 and i have no issues what soever loving the speed and battery life, have tested a few battery monitors and i loose only 2 percent battery life when idle LOVE IT!
    It doesn't suprise me that a patch that could in extreme cases spell certain doom for your Pre is removed for stability issues.

One time, my HHR was recalled for a defect that the visor sticks out too far.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    I'm loving 600 reflex patch. If all we're talking about is a little instability, I'm not worried. I'm finally (flash aside) completely satisfied with my phone. Can we expect more work on these patches, or are they considered dead now? Also, why haven't we seen one that combines voltage and cpu scaling combined?
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I'm running the 600 and love it. i think its more stable now than before smartreflex.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    2 days ago I installed the sf 600 patch and my pre really likes it, it now runs smoother and faster and has longer battery life, it nows feels cooler to the touch. Take caution installing this patch because some people have had problems. I had the sf 500 patch on first but my pre was not happy so I removed it, rebooted and installed the sf 600.
    nice ride
    I had the original Smartreflex and removed due to fear, I had few issues since like one lock up and a few times where the Touchscreen did not respond to touch. Could this be from the patch or am I just paranoid?Should I use the wobos Dr?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kungfubhuda View Post
    Also, why haven't we seen one that combines voltage and cpu scaling combined?
    You cant, the Pre will crash.

That being said, ive had no problems with the smartreflex 600mhz for a few weeks now.

But on the safeside i have just reverted to 500mhz as the side effect of clockin the pre to its designed speed is not documented yet. Theres a reason palm kept it at 500mhz (Early steppings of omap3430 processor reduced lifespan to 6 months when clocked at 600mhz).
    I ended up modifying the 600mhz SR patch to run at 550Mhz. I figure it will provide a slight speed boost without killing my processor.
    I installed Smartreflex 600 patch a couple of days ago...no crashes, running much smoother, launching quicker especially email/photos. Have done multiple restarts full and Luna without any hangups. Pretty happy so far. And thus far I can honestly say that the battery life of my Pre with this extra horsepower is unaffected. Definitely not lasting longer than it used to but also not draining excessively. Like this so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by Armchair Commando View Post
    I ended up modifying the 600mhz SR patch to run at 550Mhz. I figure it will provide a slight speed boost without killing my processor.
    Any chance of getting this edited patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Armchair Commando View Post
    You are NOT going to kill your processor with the SmartReflex 600 patch as this is patch is NOT overclocking the Pre's processor.

The Pre's processor is rated to run at 600mhz therefore it is NOT OVERCLOCKED AND WILL NOT KILL ONE's PROCESSOR. If I read this again I will go ape-****.

The Pre's processor like all processors can be overclocked substantially WITHOUT ill effects or damage. You can even overclock the Pre's processor to 700mhz and will NOT damage the phone.

I have overclocked hundreds of processors as I build gaming riggs and systems for high end graphics rendering and processing and phone processors are NO different.

Please STOP referring to these patches as OVERCLOCKING, as it IS NOT!!!

I have the 600 patch on my phone and it is a night and day difference without it and it has been all positive. No lag, faster across the board, much noticed stability improvements and battery life has increased dramatically.

If I known that the powers that be in their almighty wisdom was going to pull it, I would of downloaded it as the Pre is a great phone with it and just a good phone without it.
    Does that mean when the 1.4.1 comes along, are we going to have remove all of the patches before we update? There are going have to be some mega improvements for me to want to update (and yes, I could care less about video record). So far I am really digging the SF 600 patch, my pre is faster yeah, but the main thing is how smoothly it operates now. To update or not update, that will be the question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz Al Ghoul View Post
    You are NOT going to kill your processor with the SmartReflex 600 patch as this is patch is NOT overclocking the Pre's processor.

The Pre's processor is rated to run at 600mhz therefore it is NOT OVERCLOCKED AND WILL NOT KILL ONE's PROCESSOR. If I read this again I will go ape-****.

The Pre's processor like all processors can be overclocked substantially WITHOUT ill effects or damage. You can even overclock the Pre's processor to 700mhz and will NOT damage the phone.

I have overclocked hundreds of processors as I build gaming riggs and systems for high end graphics rendering and processing and phone processors are NO different.

Please STOP referring to these patches as OVERCLOCKING, as it IS NOT!!!

I have the 600 patch on my phone and it is a night and day difference without it and it has been all positive. No lag, faster across the board, much noticed stability improvements and battery life has increased dramatically.

If I known that the powers that be in their almighty wisdom was going to pull it, I would of downloaded it as the Pre is a great phone with it and just a good phone without it.
    lol, you do realize Palm underclocked the CPU because clocking this current batch of the chipset resulted in the CPU only lasting 6 months. They didn't underclock it for no reason.

With that said, I am running the sr 600mhz patch...
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast