Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    the patch file for sr600 is here is there a way to just package that as a .patch file and install it via webos quick install?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWilliams0609 View Post
    the patch file for sr600 is here is there a way to just package that as a .patch file and install it via webos quick install?
    It already is a .patch file.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    now i feel dumb all i had to do was save link as. thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by anaglich View Post
    terminal app command that manually removes sr.
    Hate to be a bother but I'm new to this and learning fast.

Do you mind posting up a complete step by step guide to removing the patch through terminal and WOQI?

A simple numbered guide would be much appreciated.

I don't know any of the commands but I can figure out what to do with them.
    First of all, thank you in advance to anyone who will help answer a few questions for me. The Pre is the first phone I've ever added any patches to, or done any "hacking" on myself. As a newbie I have a couple of questions about using mods like Smartreflex. And yes, I have Googled, searched on here for solutions, but didn't find anything clear enough for me to follow.

1. How do I actually see at what clock speed my phone is currently running?

2. How do I open the .patch file I have saved on my pc so I could put it in notes and modify the clock speed from 500 to 600, or whatever speed desired, as I have seen others post about doing?

3. I saw a Droid yesterday that had an app installed which allowed the user to instantly change clock speeds by moving a slider, much the same as adjusting screen brightness. Would something like this be possible on the Pre? Has anyone thought of doing something like this, or is it just too much work to be worth it?

Thanks.
    For 1 & 2 I used WebOS Quick Install. It is pretty easy with linux command line (cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state). I don not know you level of knowledge and mods. so if you look at the main page of this website you will find a tutorial on how to install WOSQI.

Whne you have everything installed i can provide you with further assistance.

As for #3 it would kind of be useless as SR clocks the CPU on demand. I have to be honest and tell you that I am no idea how to do something like making programs or patch.
    Last edited by mikedoubleg; 02/28/2010 at 01:00 PM.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456