Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Just wanted give a update on the SF 600 patch I downloaded 3 days ago. Everything was going fine, I liked the patch, battery usage during idle was way down, but way up when using the phone. Few minutes ago I had to remove the patch because I had reset my phone and when the home screen came up it was frozen, could not open anything. I pulled the battery and waited 20 sec and turned it on and still had the same problem. On the second battery pull I finally got the home screen to work, so I thought it was best to remove the patch. I kinda bummed, but had no choice, because I was afraid that if it happpened again I wouldn't be able to fix my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by nemoshotyany View Post
    I got the same problem.
    Look for the raw link at the bottom right of the web page.

-- Rod
    Anyone have the 600 sf patch it can install via WebOS Quick Install?
    Now that SF 600 is removed I did another battery usage test at idle (with SF 600 I was using 1.95 % per hour) and sure enough, I am now using 3.99 % per hour at idle.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    Thanks. Just installed and rebooted. Everything seems to be running smooth after a restart.
    who really knows why palm "under-clocked" the CPU...they could padding the spec to enhance their update progress. Why would palm use "bin procs?" using sub-standard cpu's in such a premier device doesn't make since to me. Its not like palm was thinking people wouldn't find out the origins of their hardware (its not difficult trace components) I believe the cpu is capable of running at 600mhz+. The issues that users are experiencing from the "upclock patch" could be attributed to incompatible patches already present on their device...all I'm saying is...who knows what palms up to? My phone is running at 600mhz and it has been for a while if the cpu fails it will be my fault and I'll just get another because sprint/palm will never know the deal.

-one

-- Rod
    Thanks for your reply! I have this patch installed now, and I'll test it for a while. My phone had to be re-flashed after it auto updated to the new webOS
    version for some reason, so I figured now would be a good time to test the waters of 600MHz. So far, I'm still stable.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I un-installed it partly because it was removed from Preware whereas the 500mhz version was not and the 500mhz has just as many complaint issues so I'm assuming the problems were more major.

my 600mhz was working fine other than the problem stated by several others as well of the phone not responding to commands once in a while then working fine again anywhere from a few fractions of a second to a couple seconds later.
    so how do i install the raw mode on my pre? sorry for the noob???
    Quote Originally Posted by joetemp75 View Post
    so how do i install the raw mode on my pre? sorry for the noob???
    Use WebOS Quick Install to install the raw .patch file.
    The 600Mhz patches (in their raw form) are still available in the patches source code repository for anyone who wants to use them at their own risk.

Tree for modifications in WebOS Internals - Gitorious

They are simply no longer packaged for installation through the webos-patches feed in Preware due to multiple reports of devices that needed to be completely doctored as a result of installing them.

If you want to use them, WebOS Quick Install should be able to install them for you.

"First, do no harm."

-- Rod (who is apparently "the powers that be in their almighty wisdom" ...)
    I would like to try this but I have no idea how to. Is it hard to do for someone like "me". lol
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbaker55 View Post
    I would like to try this but I have no idea how to. Is it hard to do for someone like "me". lol
    Yes. Yes it is.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Actually no its not at all. It took me hours upon hours to realize how simple it is.

All you need to do is open up that link.
    Then pick the patch that you want to install and click on it.
    scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and look on the bottom right corner and you will see 3 things, 1 of them being "raw blob data" all you need to do is right click on this and save it (make sure you know where you put it because you will need to find it)
    If you have used wosqi before then the rest is cake.
    open wosqi, click +, add the raw file you just saved, then install.
    your phone will automatically reboot but i would recommend shutting it down and doing a battery pull then starting back up.

you are done!
    After having a problem with my home screen freezing after a reset, I removed SF 600. I really missed the low power usage at idle though, so I went ahead and installed SF 500 yesterday. I don't have the problem now with the screen freezing up after reboot and my power usage is way down at idle again.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

-- Rod
    This is all I was asking for in my previous question. I had no idea how to navigate Gitorious.
    Last edited by iamalive; 05/15/2010 at 02:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    Actually no its not at all. It took me hours upon hours to realize how simple it is.

All you need to do is open up that link.
    Then pick the patch that you want to install and click on it.
    scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and look on the bottom right corner and you will see 3 things, 1 of them being "raw blob data" all you need to do is right click on this and save it (make sure you know where you put it because you will need to find it)
    If you have used wosqi before then the rest is cake.
    open wosqi, click +, add the raw file you just saved, then install.
    your phone will automatically reboot but i would recommend shutting it down and doing a battery pull then starting back up.

you are done!
    Yea that was easy but how do you know that it's working? It's early but to "me" it doesn't seem that much faster. It's easy to take off right? thanks
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    550 reflex
    600 reflex
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Yea that was easy but how do you know that it's working? It's early but to "me" it doesn't seem that much faster. It's easy to take off right? thanks
    when hooked up to wosqi you can check what state your processor spends most of its time in through the linux command line.

In that line type:
    "cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state"
    without the quotations

This should give you a breakdown of frequencies and the amount of time your phone spends in each of them. If the patch worked then it should read primarily in 600, if it didn't then it will read in 500.. in both cases you will have a small amount of time in a couple other areas

deleting is the easiest if you have preware installed, if you go into preware you can see the programs you have installed, click on the one you want to get rid of and then click remove. do a reboot and you are back to normal
    Last edited by KJBlauw; 11/29/2009 at 01:42 PM.
    Thanks for the patches! I reinstalled the Smartreflex 600 and I'm going to use it till something better comes along.

Honestly, I love this patch ... I noticed huge performance increases, temp decreases, and the only time my Pre froze was on the reboot after installing the 500 patch (switched to it the day the warning came through preware about the 600 patch).

I really don't care if this bricks my Pre ... thats why I pay 7/mo for TEP. Besides, this device is a refurb ... and not a very nice one. I HOPE this one dies so I can try for a better replacement.

I'll keep you posted on how the 600 patch affects my phone ... Do you have any test data on the speed difference between the 550 and 600 patches? If this one makes my phone **** I'll switch to the 550.

Thanks!

~Bowen
    How would I install these patches? when i try to install the ipk file from te raw data it is giving me an error, invalid magic!

Edit: Looks like I had an old version of QI
    Last edited by htabbach; 11/29/2009 at 04:39 PM.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast