View Poll Results: Would you prefer the battery percentage to be white rather than colored?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 43.48%
  • Maybe

2 8.70%
  • I want to say "No" but there isn't that option

11 47.83%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Simple as that. Can somebody write a patch to make the battery percentage, when applied, white?

Thanks!
    Show your interest!
    if i had the original patch file, i would do it for you...it would just require deleting a couple of if/else statements that change the color. but i don't have the patch file...and i haven't been able to get it from anywhere
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
  3.    #3  
    Bummer Thanks for trying though!
    haha, actually, i forgot that i had gotten the patch finally...i had just deleted it. i have it now, and have made the changes i think that would need to be made, and am testing it on the emulator...let you know how it goes
    My Patches

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
  5.    #5  
    You are. The best.
    not quite so fast...i realized why i had deleted the patch file. I could not get it to install on my emulator through QI even when it was unmodified. So, there has to either be something wrong with it or me...i'm betting on me. I would really like to help you but i'm just not experienced enough to figure it out. I'll explain to you how i got the file and what my thinking was.

if you go to the website below:
    Tree for modifications in WebOS Internals - Gitorious

you can view the source file for the patches that affect the top bar. under there, you will find the percent AND icon and percent AS icon patches. either one you select will show you the source file. To download said file, scroll down to the bottom and on the right very bottom right hand side, click on Raw Blob Data. This will give you the source file as text that you can highlight and save as a .patch file in Notepad.

If you open that file, you will see at the very top a if/else if statement that describes the color changes (fff or ffffff is white). If you were to change all of those colors to #fff, this should change the percent numbers to white all the time. kind of a bandaid, but i don't know how to undo all of the coding they did to create the color in the first place - you cannot just delete the if/else if statement.

jmartino2011
    My Patches

"Freedom isn't free"
    Can you root?
    Last edited by 2sslow; 11/24/2009 at 08:19 PM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

8.    #8  
    I cannot root I could attempt to, but I have made it this far without doing so... so...

Thank you, both of you, for getting me one step closer.
    which patch? Battery as % or battery and %.

Im pretty certain I can do this, I just need to know which one you are using

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

10.    #10  
    battery and percentage.
    Sorry Im having the same problem as jmartino2011, Cant seem to edit patch for some reason... Weird!

Follow the link below.

12.    #12  
    haha just my luck. Thanks for trying though.
  13.    #13  
    I applied the changes Jmartino suggested, but I am stuck on how to actually apply this to my phone...

Anybody have any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerpathic View Post
    I applied the changes Jmartino suggested, but I am stuck on how to actually apply this to my phone...

Anybody have any ideas?
    You would need to use WOSQI but Thats the same file I was trying to mod and it didnt work for me so I dont recommend you try it.

Try contacting webby_s he is the dev that created the patch he will be able to give you the correct patch.

Btw jmartino2011 there is a much easier way to change the config of this patch(if we can find a good version) There is a quick change built into that patch so all you have to do is change a 1 to a 0 in 1 place.

I could easily do this if you can get webby_s to send you a good patch.

Follow the link below.

15.    #15  
    Let me find this webby_s
  16.    #17  
    i PMed webby_s about getting a copy of the file...i'll let everyone know if I hear back from him
    My Patches

"Freedom isn't free"
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Btw jmartino2011 there is a much easier way to change the config of this patch(if we can find a good version) There is a quick change built into that patch so all you have to do is change a 1 to a 0 in 1 place.
    what line is it? i didn't see that, but honestly, i just saw the if/else if statement and focused on that...
    My Patches

"Freedom isn't free"
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    what line is it? i didn't see that, but honestly, i just saw the if/else if statement and focused on that...

I Finally got it!
    Last edited by 2sslow; 11/26/2009 at 07:11 PM.

Follow the link below.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast