Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Based on the request posted here.

This patch I personally prefer over the other "Hide Quick Launch Bar" patch.

This one, essentially, only hides the bar when the launcher is slid up, giving an increased launcher size, and leaving the quick launch bar when the launch is minimized.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    wow that was fast. Someone just asked about this a couple of hours ago. Or at least the first time I saw someone mention it.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    slick, and just in time for my morning coffee

it's the little things in life, really
    hmmm... not sure yet which will be better.. I like the "full look" of the wallpaper without the quicklaunch... but sometimes it could be more convenient to have it there.. like when walking and not having both hands free.. hmm.. need to do some testing :-)

but anyway.. thank you!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quick work, Jason. I'll definitely get this patch when I've got the chance.

On another note. Is it possible to have the Quick Launch items continue to display in the Launcher as well?
    I'll stick with the first one I believe you made right? I like that it pops up just for a sec or two when you first launch the launcher then it goes away ,very nice !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Ace

Can we expect this in Preware? I'm guessing the general public would like to access this patch.
    Can we expect this in Preware? I'm guessing the general public would like to access this patch.
    +1. Thanks for all the work you do, Jason-- much appreciated here in SF!
    That was scary lol

With the patch applied, I tried to rearrange my Quick Launch at a moment where both the Quick Launch and Launcher were showed. I held and dragged the browser to the launcher but the Quick Launch became hidden and the launcher wouldn't let me move it. I had to let go and everywhere I looked, I couldn't find the browser!

A simple Luna restart put the browser back in it's place... but man that was weird lol
    When I try installing I get the following error, "ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/scriptFile.sh/tmp/scriptFile.sh: line 1:syntax error: "(" unexpected"
    Any thoughts?
  11. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    I too like this patch better than the 'always hide' patch. Thanks Jason! Will this make it to Preware?
    Me too, this is a simple yet brilliant patch. Now I can have 3x4 icons on my 'home' page without the last row being obscured by the quick launch bar. Thanks v. much!
    I also like this patch very much. I use it since it was released.

The only problem is see is that you can't exchange an icon from the quick launch bar with a different icon from the launcher. Or it could also be that i am just missing something.
    For me its not an issue, but for others it might be one.

A solution would be, that when an icon is dragged to the bottom of the screen that the quick launch bar pops up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funsh View Post
    I also like this patch very much. I use it since it was released.

The only problem is see is that you can't exchange an icon from the quick launch bar with a different icon from the launcher. Or it could also be that i am just missing something.
    For me its not an issue, but for others it might be one.

A solution would be, that when an icon is dragged to the bottom of the screen that the quick launch bar pops up.
    I almost got it done..well it works the quick launch comes up and everything to reorder from the launcher but when i try to reorder from the quicklaunch the launcher doesnt come up so just a little bit more
    on second thought ill leave it to jason..my phone became a bit glitchy
    it created duplicates whenever i had dropped the apps into the quicklaunch.

then after i had restarted my phone the duplicates were gone and the apps were in the places i had dropped them

EDIT: they only made duplicates whenever i drag and drop from the quicklaunch
  16. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Funsh View Post
    The only problem is see is that you can't exchange an icon from the quick launch bar with a different icon from the launcher.
    It's like a 'lock taskbar' feature :-)

I love this patch. Using 4x4 icons now gets me 4x5 per page.
    I used to have some pretty decent lag swapping pages in the launcher (5x4 patch, lots of icons to load). Now that I installed this it seems like my page switch slowdowns have been reduced...

I still get a little stutter every now and then, but nowhere like before... maybe it is because the phone isn't having to calculate as much transparency stuff having the transparent quick launcher over top of the transparent full launcher over top of the not transparent background.

I uninstalled and reinstalled this patch a few times just to make sure it wasn't "placebo effect" and it is definitely a little snappier.

I hardly ever change the icons on my quick launcher, so having to uninstall the patch to swap an icon then reinstall it is fine with me.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    so i got this error after updating to 1.3.5.1. I EPR'ed before i updated but i don't think that the hide quick launch bar in launcher patch uninstalled correctly from what i can decipher from the error message. anybody have any ideas about fixing this without the doctor.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptk View Post
    I hardly ever change the icons on my quick launcher, so having to uninstall the patch to swap an icon then reinstall it is fine with me.
    You can switch out apps. If you open an app, then quickly throw it into card view and re-pull up the launcher, quick launch then sits for a second or two (sometimes, seems like a lag). At that point hold your finger on the app you want to take off and drag it off.. To add an app to the quick launch, drag that app to the bottom row, drop it there then drag it again as far as you can down (almost off the screen). It should then be on your quick launch.
    Thank me if I helped you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Based on the request posted here.

This patch I personally prefer over the other "Hide Quick Launch Bar" patch.

This one, essentially, only hides the bar when the launcher is slid up, giving an increased launcher size, and leaving the quick launch bar when the launch is minimized.
    How does one install this without preware?

This is exactly what I was looking for!
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast