Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Jason I installed the one from Preware and it hides the quick launch bar all the time. It briefly comes up when the launcher pops up but when the launcher page is hidden the quick launch bar is hidden as well. I have your auto pop launcher patch installed as well. Any suggestions?
    Jason I unistalled the one I installed with webosqi. I loaded the one from Preware. I don't have the wave function now.
    hey mamouton -- As for Launcer patches currently installed (Spring WebOS 1.4), I only have 4x4v3, Unhide Dev Mode, Gesture-tap Info Delete, and as of 3 minutes ago: Hide QuickLuanch Bar in Launcher Only.

I can confirm (with my config) that:

"HideQL in Launcher Only" works exactly as before
    WebOS wave also works fine

I can also confirm that I'm really missing the Named pages patch right now. I have a bunch of icons piling up on my first launcher page waiting for the easier way to move them to there proper place!!!

Sorry I can't help you diagnose, but it would seem that your wave issue isn't related to this one. As I noted, I DO NOT use Jason's other patch Auto Pop Up Launcher
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    ah, lol, serves me right for reading the forums while half asleep
    you sleep? Lol
    Hi Jason,

In 1.3.5.2 the QLB slid down almost instantaneously - now it takes about 1 second to slide down - I know it sounds trivial, but it actually makes quite a difference. Any possible fix?

Thanks again for your work on this patch
    Is it possible to get this patch but in reverse? I like having my wallpaper but I'd like to have to same icons at the bottom of each launcher.
    BTW, this "Hide Quick Launch Bar in Launcher" patch and the "Wrap Pages" Launcher patch combined sometimes throws off the "Reset Scroll Position" Launcher patch.

The scroll position resets how it is supposed to most of the time, but not always anymore.
    Last edited by UnExplanatory; 03/26/2010 at 11:50 AM.
    I got rid of the "Wrap Pages" Launcher patch (which I shouldn't have installed anyway since I only have 3 pages and I happen to like the page scroll animation) and now the "Hide Quick Launch Bar in Launcher" and "Reset Scroll Position" Launcher patches are working well together.
    Is it just me or with the 800mhz and the faster animations patch both running, it still take a while for the quick launch to hide. You would think it would be instant.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    after installing 1.4.5 this patch will not update nor let me remove it. Any thoughts on what I can do?
    I have the same problem as reported by skatopias. After installing phone update 1.4.5, the patch does not work, will not update nor allow its removal. The log shows, after trying to update it:

Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/user/lib/ipkg/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-hide-quick-launch-bar-in-launcher-only.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected!
    Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/systems/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

The log report means little to me. Can someone help fix this problem?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCity View Post
    I have the same problem as reported by skatopias. After installing phone update 1.4.5, the patch does not work, will not update nor allow its removal. The log shows, after trying to update it:

Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/user/lib/ipkg/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-hide-quick-launch-bar-in-launcher-only.prerm 2>&1
    Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/systems/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

Thanks!
    Same here.
    excellent, now there is one more line in launcher~
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCity View Post

Failed
    Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]

Thanks!
    Looks as though you need to run an EPR. If you need any help, let me know. I'll give you a step by step.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Yes, Emergency Patch Recovery resolved the problem. I was then able to successfully reload the HQLBinL patch. Now to reload all of my other patches, except UberCalendar which still won't load or any of the other calendar patches for that matter. Will need to Doctor when I get some down time.
    Good to hear that you ran a successful EPR. Hope you are able to get the rest of your calendar patches working.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Hi RoLLEmUp,

Thanks for the EPR information.

The EPR instructions worked. My Pre is back to hiding the Quick Launch Bar.

In following the instructions, I did not have to understand the cryptic error message that I posted previously. No neurons were damaged in the process.

RiverCity
    I am always happy to help in any way that I can.

I am very happy that you were able to fix the problem. And it is very good to hear that you didn't damage any neurons in the process
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

I tried the patch on my touchpad and it didn't work. Could someone create something similar for the touchpad please
    Would love to have this for the TouchPad.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast