Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Very nice patch. Works great. It just makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmprotection View Post
    This is a great patch. However, I cant get this to work with the device menu megamix patch.
    I have the megamix patch and this patch both on my Pre. They both work with no issues.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I just doctored my Pre and will see if that fixes the problem.
    That did the trick. Everything is working excellent patch.
    i don't see this one in preware. Is it just me?
    Hi Jason -- Loving this patch.

One quick question for you... I'm using this alongside lmorchard's "Named Pages" patch -- any chance you've installed that one too? The hide quick launch bar functionality works great when opening the luancher and swiping pages... but when I use the Launcher Page Name bar (from that other patch) at the top of a launcer page to jump to another page (tap page name and select page to go to...), the Quick Launch bar comes back and stays back.

Any chance you can look into what the lmorchard Named Pages patch does to change pages using the drop down and allow your hide quick launch patch to acomodate for it. Not sure if you can do this in the basic patch (to be used by all) or if we,d need a separate one for people using Named Pages.

Just wondering? Thanks.

UPDATE -- Turns out the 'problem' WAS actually in lmorhcard's patch -- it turns the QL bar back on during his page transitions. He provided guidance for two simple changes to prevent that from happening and it works perfectly now. See here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2172017
    Last edited by greenawayj; 01/23/2010 at 04:23 PM.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Hi Jason,

i was just wondering if you have look into this one. Each time the launcher is open thru the wave, it always show the last app name instead of "Launcher". I read thru the thread someone asked two questions one being this issue and you said that was already fixed. In both preware and WOSQI, it shows v.1.3.5-1. I don't know if you have a later vesion or not. Again thanks for all you work

Update:

Never mind, i download the .patch and voila! Thanks you are the man.
    Last edited by saiks; 01/23/2010 at 02:29 PM.
  8. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zer0vette View Post
    i don't see this one in preware. Is it just me?
    Nope it's not on Preware. The other one is (always hide the Launch Bar) but I far prefer this one(hide only in Launcher).

Not sure if it was submitted and lost? Jason would you mind resubmitting it? I would if I could figure the process
    Can't find this patch...any help?
    Quote Originally Posted by torourke View Post
    Can't find this patch...any help?

It's not in Preware or built-in to WebOS Quick Install (at least, I don't think so).

The .patch file is an attachment to the first post. Download it, connect your Pre to the PC, Run WebOS QI, and drag the .patch file into WebOSQI's Install window, then click install.

Don't forget you need to restart Luna when you are done installing the patch before the patch will actually work.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    It's not in Preware or built-in to WebOS Quick Install (at least, I don't think so).

The .patch file is an attachment to the first post. Download it, connect your Pre to the PC, Run WebOS QI, and drag the .patch file into WebOSQI's Install window, then click install.

Don't forget you need to restart Luna when you are done installing the patch before the patch will actually work.
    with .patch install, it automatcally restarts luna
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    is this patch going into preware for the AUTP so we won't have to uninstall it for OTA updates?
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I can't find a thread on the other 'full' version that hides the QLB completely but it does (still) leave the name of the last app used where it should say 'launcher'.

I am completely stoked this finally has been created!

I never leave apps on the QLB anyways (too many pocket dials, random Pandora plays, started up emails etc.) and having this open up the viewing of my wallpapers and getting an extra clear row on the launcher (4 apps across v3) to now 5 rows vertically is just too sweet.

Big thanks!!!
    Will this ever hit Preware?
    Thank me if I helped you.
    I applied this yesterday! Love it...updated preware patches, and today this patch isn't showing up...so I went to WOSQI, deleted it and tried to re-install it...no luck...says it already detects it...did EPR, set up all patches again, but still this one will not install...any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by torourke View Post
    I applied this yesterday! Love it...updated preware patches, and today this patch isn't showing up...so I went to WOSQI, deleted it and tried to re-install it...no luck...says it already detects it...did EPR, set up all patches again, but still this one will not install...any suggestions?
    Delete it through Preware and reinstall through WOQI. Its not available to download in Preware but you should be able to remove it though it.
    it isn't showing up in preware...
    Sir Jason -- I really like this patch, but after a recent "refresh" of my phone, this patch wouldn't install. I uninstalled every other patch related to the launcher, but that didn't help. Finally I did a full erase and took my Pre to the doctor to start factory fresh, installed this patch before anything else, and now everything is fine. But ... I hope that I'm missing something and there's an easier way??
    Great patch. I REALLY do not understand Palm at this point.
    With every useful patch I install I'm baffled that they weren't included. I mean Why??????
    How can we get this into the app catalog? Seems like there's enough demand. Sometimes I'll inadvertantly move an app into the QLB and have to uninstall this patch to move it back to the launcher. I am then without this patch until I can get back to my computer to install it.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast