Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

I needed a fast 2G/3G toggle in device menu. I picked up the GPS in device menu patch enabled it for German devices and added my 2G/3G patch. Here is the patch file. Use it on your own risk. It works here but might not for you.

Regards
    Henk

PS: I thought there was already a thread about 2G/3G toggle, but can't find it.
    PS2: It works also for English language.
    PS3: Patch updated (27.11.2009)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MetaView; 11/27/2009 at 01:24 PM.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Thank you for your work!
    I'm getting an error during the installation:
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3.    #3  
    Hm, sorry for that. Mind you to send me your original devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html then I will check it. Until then here is mine patched file.
    Here is the original one...

Can you also upload the other 2 patched files?
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/de_de/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html
  5.    #5  
    the other files are already patched, or? Just restart the phone (or luna might be enough) and you should already see it and able to use it: On a German Pre he uses only the file in de_de if present. The error only affects en_us locale (I'm sorry for that ). I will reupload a fixed patch tonight (MEZ).
    hi,

i am using a German pre with english as my language setting ... when i applied your patch i got the following error and after restart also i am not able to see anything on dev menu with this option.

and also after the patch failed and restarted....my phone went to offline mode and searching for network , it happened 2 times in the last 5 minutes ..

NM.... its not happening now but how to make this patch work???
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chowdarygm; 11/24/2009 at 05:29 AM.
    I could not wait and replaced the english
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html

with the german one from

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/de_de/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html.

Now your patch is working like a charm, thanks!
  8.    #8  
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...62#post2059639 is the patched english file.
    @chowdarygm Do you have webos 1.3.1? Even the assistant.jsjsjs $couldn$'$t$ $be$ $patched$ $on$ $your$ $system$. $Do$ $you$ $have$ $already$ $something$ $different$ $installed$ $in$ $the$ $device$ $menu$?
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    @chowdarygm Do you have webos 1.3.1? Even the assistant.jsjsjs $couldn$'$t$ $be$ $patched$ $on$ $your$ $system$. $Do$ $you$ $have$ $already$ $something$ $different$ $installed$ $in$ $the$ $device$ $menu$?
    i have 1.3.1 EU version installed and i have GPS on dev menu patch installed?? was that making any conflicts?
  10.    #10  
    This will be a problem: The patch will patch stuff which are already patched. Therefore the patch doesn't fit to your system. Remove the original "GPS in device menu" patch and try again.
    Hi,

I really want this patch (i posted a thread wanting 2G-3G toggle earlier, it might the one you were looking for) but just wondering will this conflict with other device menu patches?

And can you make an english patch instead of replacing scenes??

thanks
  12.    #12  
    I need to fix the english patch, it is already there. Need to look why it doesn't patch.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    The german html file also does not patch on my 1.3.1 GSM Pre. Only the assistent applies. I have nothing patched in the device menu yet.

Also, when WebOSQuickinstall fails to patch one file, then no file is patched.

Edit: I have now modified the files by hand and it works. Also, I have changed "umts" to "automatic", because I almost never want to force to 3G. Either I want Auto or 2G. Maybe you could modify the patch, so that one could choose 2G/3G/Auto in the menu. And also that one could see the current setting (2G/3G/Auto). Thanks!
    Last edited by sidamos; 11/27/2009 at 11:50 AM.
    any plans to get this integrated into the webos-internals feed ?
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    The german html file also does not patch on my 1.3.1 GSM Pre. Only the assistent applies. I have nothing patched in the device menu yet.

Also, when WebOSQuickinstall fails to patch one file, then no file is patched.

Attaching my original html file.

Edit: I have now modified the files by hand and it works. Also, I have changed "umts" to "automatic", because I almost never want to force to 3G. Either I want Auto or 2G. Maybe you could modify the patch, so that one could choose 2G/3G/Auto in the menu. And also that one could see the current setting (2G/3G/Auto). Thanks!
    can you upload your files, please ?
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I have created 2 patches, because Palm has different line endings in their files.

The upper right menu must be in its original form.

Instructions:
    For safety, copy the following files from your Pre with WebOSQuickInstall:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/de_de/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html

English Pres only need the first 2.

Then install the patches with WebOsQuickInstall and restart Luna or reboot. English Pres only need the first patch: gps_gsm2a.patch

Then you have in the upper right menu:
    - GPS ON/OFF
    - Network Type 2G/3G/Auto. With each tap, it switches to the next (yes, a nice sub menu with all 3 choices would be better...)

Before a webOS update, you should copy the saved original files back to the Pre.
    Last edited by sidamos; 11/27/2009 at 06:41 AM.
  17.    #17  
    Hehe, I updated the files in the first post: the line ending was wrong (DOS instead of UNIX). It's fixed now. Also I changed from UMTS to Automatic, as it might be the better option.
    If it works now, I would submit it to the repository.

About a real submenu: I think it is not a good idea, as it is a tap more. I really like it this fast: UMTS on, UTMS off. Some displaying of the current state might be good, but you usually see it at the bars (G,E,3G).
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I have the current state in the menu in my patch. It's easy and nice to have.
  19. TBH
    It would be very very nice to have this in one of the feeds available in preware - any chance of having an "easy install" in the future?
    Greetings from Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    For safety, copy the following files from your Pre with WebOSQuickInstall:
    @sidamos Thanks for gps_gsm2a.patch. The original one by MetaView still gives me the error but yours works fine.

If I need to undo this patch, I just need to copy the two files above back to the Pre..is this correct?

I'm also wondering why people need to switch between 2G & 3G. Im my case when Im on 3G, my phone loses network connectivity a few times per day. This only happens when I'm connected to 3G. I need to reboot to get service back. With this patch I can leave the phone on 2G all the time and easily switch to 3G just when I need the Internet.

Gx
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast