Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Would be great if you could create a patch. I mean I've altered the html file to how I think it should be but the .jsjsjs $file$ $is$ $slightly$ $more$ $confusing$ $lol$
  2.    #42  
    Ok, I have a patch but it doesn't install using WebOSQuickInstall. Oh, well.

Sorry, the files didn't work. Need to fix it (tomorrow?)
    Last edited by MetaView; 01/16/2010 at 06:25 PM.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  3.    #43  
    Here are the working files. Unfortunately no patch-file yet, hope i will fond someone who helps me with it.

These are the files for German and English and you will get a Network Type menu item which shows the current settings and a submenu just like WiFi or BT with the options 2G, 3G and Auto.
    I guess that's almost all one would need

Use the latest WebOsQuickInstall to copy the files as follows:

de_de/devicemenu-scene.html into /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/de_de/views/devicemenu/

devicemenu-scene.html into /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/
    devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs $into$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MetaView; 01/20/2010 at 02:22 AM.
    Hi, haven't you find the way to get the current status? To fill the "???" on the first menu activation.

(I stole your patch and applied manually to my Pre, previously patched with Device Menu Megamix, it's almost perfect, it justs lacks showing the mode on the first run)

Thanks!
  5.    #45  
    sry, not even searched for a way to retrieve the current state. BTW: there is a different thread just for the networktype patch.
    any chance to get the "GPS in device menu" patch for non-english devices on preware?
    Engage thread necromancy!

As GPS stays on indefinitely after you're done using it, an easy GPS toggle is among the most important patches - and sadly lacking at the moment. I just installed this (old) patch for my German Pre, but while it does give me the network type functionality, the GPS toggle is suspiciously absent from the device menu.

This may or may not be due to 1.4.5 -- Are you still interested in maintaining this patch, MetaView? Because it would be absolutely great to have a working version of this patch.

Vielen Dank im Voraus
  8.    #48  
    When I use GPS, the receiver is switched of when the device goes to sleep. It needs to be reaccessed to wake up. I don't really see a need for a GPS witch off.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123