Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Hi,

is this patch working in 1.1.3 ?

Anybody can put the files in this path as a .zip to see its content?

I need to translate it into spanish, that's why I need the sources.

Thank you for your work.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Hehe, I updated the files in the first post: the line ending was wrong (DOS instead of UNIX). It's fixed now.
    For me it still doesn't work with the patch file from the first post here.

Using sidamos' version I had success. I checked the line endings and found that his
    "gps_gsm2a.patch" file (for assistant and english html) has CR, while
    "gps_gsm2b.patch" (de_de html) has CR+LF line endings.

Are you (metaviewsoft) sure you uploaded your newest patch?
    so what is the last state? is this patch with a german GSM Pre 1.3.1 working? could someone post a screenshot where i can see the toogle?

would be nice!
    German GSM Palm Pre - 1.3.5.2 - Carrier: A1
    Sure, here you go!
    The two items "GPS OFF" and "Netzwerktyp 2G" are inserted by the patch.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    i have tried to install the patch postet in the first post with quick install, but i got the following error message:

do you have any idea whats wrong?
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

I will test tomorrow.

How much success has everyone else had with this?

FYI - I'm UK based but as it works in English that shouldn't be an issue
    I got this error with MetaView's original patch, but it worked with the split patches in sidamos' archive here in the thread...
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Installed it via WOSQI [just the 'a' patch as I have a UK Pre], all good, thank you very much!!

One question, however:

- Why do we need the GPS toggle option? All we need is Network type, I would really like for the GPS toggle to be removed as there are other patches which address this.

Can anyone help with this ?

***EDIT:

I tried editing the patch myself to take out the toggle GPS elements but it seems as though my coding skills aren't up to scratch. I suspect this is due to me not fully knowing how the WebOS works.

If anyone can help edit the code for 'patch a' that would be really appreciated! I hope I'm not the only one who doesn't really need to see the GPS toggle as part of this patch bundle..?
    patch 2b is not working on my german palm pre. the options like "GPS" and "Netzerktyp" are there, but when i tap on them, just nothing happens.

does anyone know this problem?

thanks!
  10.    #30  
    Patch2b is only the german UI, Patch 2a is also the functionality, or in other words: Für Deutsch braucht man beide Patches.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    is it possible to modify the patch that i can choose which connection i want to use in the way the wlan menu works? (a menu slides down with the options 2g, 3g, automatic) as it is now i have to open up the menu for every switch.

like if i want to switch from 3g to 2g i have to open the menu to switch from 3g to automatic and open the menu again to switch from automatic to 2g.
    Last edited by blind4x; 01/02/2010 at 11:51 AM.
  12.    #32  
    Let's wait for 1.3.5 first
    ok, thanks in advance!
    I'm only toggling between "2G" (to save battery) and "Auto" to use the fastest connection possible when browsing, I also don't like to toggle GPS, so I reduced the changes to a minimum (toggle 2G/Auto only).
    I'll attach the files in case anyone else feels like me
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    is it for 1.3.5 firmware?
    Yes, I'm running it on 1.3.5.2, works very well so far
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    I'm only toggling between "2G" (to save battery) and "Auto" to use the fastest connection possible when browsing, I also don't like to toggle GPS, so I reduced the changes to a minimum (toggle 2G/Auto only).
    I'll attach the files in case anyone else feels like me
    Thanks this is exactly what I was looking for Would this work with my UK Pre and also alongside my other 'mix' top bar patch I have installed?
  18.    #38  
    The patch only includes the German html file. To have it running on an English system too you would need to alter the English (default) html file. The menu item which was added is next to the last item: "Netzwerktyp"
    @MetaView Thanks a lot, and thanks for the original idea. I was only only discussing this yesterday wondering why there is a lack of this toggle.

Is there no way of installing this alongside other device menu toggles? I like how mine is at the mo, but could really do with this toggle as an added extra
  20.    #40  
    The fastest way would be to transfer the files to your desktop using WebOsQuickInstall. then you alter the files using the two files as template and copy them back to your device. Make a local backup of both files first, just in case.

Files are
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html

Maybe I can create a patch file tonight. But probably will try

[Phone State: Auto]
    [2G only]
    [3G only]
    [Auto]

means a menuitem which shows what's current and a submenu with the 3 options
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast