1.    #1  
    Hi, Im pretty new here at the forums, but I have checked around a bit to see if this has been answered, so i hope im not repeating a previous question. I really want the multi mod app, but every time i try to download it, i get an error thing that says see ipkg log. Its the only one that i cant get. please help
    I think you'll probably need to type out exactly what error you're receiving in order for anyone to be able to help you with this. Go try to install it again, and when you get the error msg, tap "IPKG-LOG" and then write down the error message listed in the Postinst section. You're going to have to drag the screen to be able to see the whole message. Post that error msg here and you might have better luck finding someone who knows what to do.
  3.    #3  
    Ok, thanks for the advice. here is what it comes up with
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/chrome.jsjsjs
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/urlbar.jsjsjs
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/sources.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/stylesheets/browser.css
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 736 (offset -17 lines).
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multi-mod from root...
    Hey, I was hoping after you posted the error messages that someone else would have an idea of how to fix the problem. I haven't had your issue so I can only give suggestions, not specific instructions. Based on the following lines:

Quote Originally Posted by tsubasa92 View Post
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs, $which$ $already$ $exists$! $Assume$ -$R$? [$n$]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    [...]
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html, which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    it sounds like the script is finding pieces of the patch already installed. Have you attempted to install it before? Or did you have it installed before you updated to 1.3.1? The script is written to create these two files as part of the patch process, but they already exist in your file system, so the patch aborts. If you had it installed before you updated, even if you removed your patches before you updated, I suppose it's possible those two files didn't get removed properly.

Are you familiar with how to use WebOS Quick Install to grab a file from your Pre and how to delete one? Because what I would recommend is that you should grab a copy of usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$app$/$views$/$download$/$download$-$stream$-$popup$.$html$ $to$ $your$ $computer$ $for$ $a$ $backup$ $and$ $then$ $delete$ $those$ $two$ $files$ $from$ $your$ $Pre$ $and$ $try$ $to$ $run$ $the$ $patch$ $again$. $If$ $that$ $doesn$'$t$ $work$, $you$ $can$ $put$ $those$ $two$ $files$ $back$ $on$ $your$ $Pre$ $without$ $causing$ $any$ $issues$. $All$ $of$ $this$ $can$ $be$ $done$ $using$ $Quick$ $Install$. $If$ $you$ $need$ $a$ $step$ $by$ $step$, $let$ $me$ $know$.

Next, you could try running the WebOS Repair Utility, which should return any modified files back to factory standard. If you make sure that in the Options menu, you do NOT have "Override Compatibility" checked, it should leave alone the patches you already have installed, although that might not fix it because you need those two files to go away for the script to run, and I don't know if the Repair Utility deletes extra files or if it just fixes modified files.

If I were you, first I would try deleting those two files and re-running the patch. The script should recreate both files and you shouldn't have to do anything else. If that doesn't work, then before putting those two files back onto your Pre, I would try running the Repair Utility, and then running the patch again. Then the last thing I would do would be to pull off all of my installed patches -- run the Emergency Patch Recovery program for convenience -- and run the Repair Utility again, this time with Override Compatibility selected. If none of that works, you're looking at either living without the patch or using the WebOS Doctor.

Good luck!