1.    #1  
    Not that the 1.3.1 hit pre grm, there is a new think patchers have to think about: Localization. This leads to patches not working, or even worse, screwing things up. I don't know exactly what makes the difference between those two, but something has to be done...
    Patches I found not working:
    Advanced phone menu (does almost nothing)
    SMS tones per contact (does nothing)
    LED notifications patch (kills the screen and lock menu)
    I managed to use all those just fine by switching my language to english... SOmeone mentioned here what has to be done to get the last one working and i guess the same applies more or less for all patches that change some menu...

Just thought I'd mention it so patchers are aware of the problem... No idea what's the best way to handle it, but i would have guess that if there is no german translation for the option, the english one should appear...
    Hi,
    Would you mind testing out the KeyToss Keyword Search patch (category: Universal Search)?

I updated it recently to better handle localization, and I've tested it as best I could. But it'd be helpful to to confirm that it installs fine on a European Pre and that the searches are properly localized.

Specifically, using Google, Yahoo, and Wikipedia through KeyToss (@g, @y, and @w, respectively) should deliver localized results.

Thanks.
  3.    #3  
    Just installed and tested, and I can confirm the KeyToss works... the only thing I noticed is that the way you talk to google creates a german interface but the results are the same as the ones google.com returns normally... That's actually the way I prefer it, but if you were to use google.de, it would prefer german results...
    Not a bug, just something to think about... but as I said, I prefer it this way, actually ;-)

If anybody else needs a German Pre as a Guinea Pig, just tell me... Mine is now set to english, but switching for a quick test should always be possible :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by silentguy View Post
    Just installed and tested, and I can confirm the KeyToss works... the only thing I noticed is that the way you talk to google creates a german interface but the results are the same as the ones google.com returns normally... That's actually the way I prefer it, but if you were to use google.de, it would prefer german results...
    Not a bug, just something to think about... but as I said, I prefer it this way, actually ;-)

If anybody else needs a German Pre as a Guinea Pig, just tell me... Mine is now set to english, but switching for a quick test should always be possible :-)
    Great. Thanks so much!

I actually just followed Palm's lead on this. For every country except France, they point to google.com with the language specified in the query string. I figure someone has put more thought and research into what local users want than I can.

Yahoo's results are localized for each country. And Wikipedia is localized based on language.
    Quote Originally Posted by silentguy View Post
    Just thought I'd mention it so patchers are aware of the problem... No idea what's the best way to handle it, but i would have guess that if there is no german translation for the option, the english one should appear...
    The languages use different UI files, you will need a patch for each of them or you will not see the new options.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    My german Pre would be happy to beta test localized patches...

Here is the problem with e.g. the LED notifications, beside that it is not working you can see on the screenshots what it is doing with the menu.
    The second one is always after applied patch
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $there$ $is$ $one$ $guy$ $at$ $nexave$.$de$ $who$ $fixed$ $the$ $LED$-$patch$ $for$ $German$ $devices$.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $there$ $is$ $one$ $guy$ $at$ $nexave$.$de$ $who$ $fixed$ $the$ $LED$-$patch$ $for$ $German$ $devices$.
    oops thanks your right

LED Benachrichtigung ohne Patches und in deutsch - Software - Nexave Palmforum
    Hi,

I think it will be useful to create localized repositories for patches, because not all patches works on all languages.

I offer my services as spanish translator, if you want to, if you send me the lines were the trouble is (never said better) localized. I can host a repo in webosmania.com for this too, if you tell me what to do in order to make it run properly.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I'm on a German Pre as well.
    There are some Patches that needs patches html files in /resources/*language*
    Others which use correct "$L()"-tag in java, just need a patch for the .json file
    And some simply need a different patch, like patches dealing with date-string etc.
    I think most patcher don't know other languages and need help.
    Is there any other thread to post requests and localization patches?
    (Sorry, I'm new to this forum) I think we need this for every language.
    I edited some files by hand to get them work in german.
    But I got some issues with patching now. I'm waiting for Repair Utility to support 1.3.5.2. Then I will post some patches for german.