Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hello All!

First let me say, I'm a newbie. So there are a lot of things I'm trying to figure out with my Pre. I was not doing so so bad, but then 1.3.1 happened. I had tweaks installed when the upgrade happened. So, I did the OS Doctor, got everything reset, installed everything, but while I was in WebOSSintall, hit EPR. Shouldn't be a big deal right? But even though it says all tweaks were removed, they still have code somehow. Because when I tried to reinstall them after EPR ran, I get error messages. Some of them are really still there and are working, but they show they're not in EPR program in PreWare and WebOSInstall. It's like the uninstall did not complete cleanly. Can anyone help? I haven't rooted, so I don't know any code stuff. But is that the only way to get rid of the code so that I can reinstall the tweaks correctly? Any and All help is greatly appreciated!
    Try the repair utility...but take an hour and read up on it and how to use it to prevent anything else happening.

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...r-utility.html
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    tried that and it found nothing......
    Then you might as well dr it again.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Was trying to avoid that since I just doctored it and got it where I wanted it! Do you know what the danger is if I add the tweaks that actually did get removed and continue to use the ones that are still there even though the WebOSInstall and PreWare software thinks it's not?
    specifics please. Need to know what specific patches aren't applying, and what specific error message you get. (NOTE: The "error" in the ipkg log will probably be in green).

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    On the road traveling. I will give you the exact messages either later tonight or tomorrow. Hope that's ok. What is the best way to deliver this to you? Can I take pictures of the images or type each message?
    Quote Originally Posted by femphenom View Post
    On the road traveling. I will give you the exact messages either later tonight or tomorrow. Hope that's ok. What is the best way to deliver this to you? Can I take pictures of the images or type each message?
    hey try something for me please when you get to the webos QI go into webos QI into tools device managment on the right is apps and patches that r installed on your phone. LOOK IN the apps list for the specific patches that are giving you problems and see if they are there if so uninstall them . then all should be good
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Thread closed.

Please use the new the Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR) thread.

- Craig