1.    #1  
    Hi!
    I just tried installing "Advanced Phone Menu" on my Germany Palm Pre 1.3.1 and it says it installs fine, but I notice no change... Well, i think the menu that pops up get harder to close but there is definitely no new entries there...

I guess it's a problem with localization? Had at least one other patch that did not work cause it tried to translate something without translation information... I could not fine an official thread for this patch, but the search seems buggy right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by silentguy View Post
    Hi!
    I just tried installing "Advanced Phone Menu" on my Germany Palm Pre 1.3.1 and it says it installs fine, but I notice no change... Well, i think the menu that pops up get harder to close but there is definitely no new entries there...

I guess it's a problem with localization? Had at least one other patch that did not work cause it tried to translate something without translation information... I could not fine an official thread for this patch, but the search seems buggy right now...
    did u reboot or luna restart?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    did u reboot or luna restart?
    Yeah, just tried it again, installed patch, restarted phone, menu look the same but can't be closed again by clicking the right corner... has to be closed by buttonpress...

Just switched my phone to english and now it works... MUST be a language problem...
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Please what is the "Advanced Phone Menu" ?
    is it an application or Patch?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    Please what is the "Advanced Phone Menu" ?
    is it an application or Patch?
    It's a patch for the top bar that allows you to control phone related stuff from the menu that pops up if you click on the top right corner... stuff like phone off, data off, etc...
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Yeah, there are almost certainly localization issues. I'm also not sure how well the patch works with a GSM PrPrPr&#$275$;, $as$ $I$ $have$ $a$ $CDMA$ $model$. $I$'$ll$ $see$ $if$ $I$ $play$ $around$ $with$ $it$ $in$ $the$ $the$ $emulator$.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I just confirmed what I thought earlier; when I pulled luna-systemui off of my PrPrPr&#$275$;, $it$ $only$ $had$ $es_us$ $localization$ $on$ $it$, $not$ $that$ $I$ $did$ $any$ $localization$ $work$ $for$ $that$ $either$. $The$ $rest$ $of$ $the$ $localization$ $resources$ $were$ $completely$ $empty$; $folders$ $like$ $de_de$ $exist$, $but$ $they$ $only$ $contain$ $empty$ $folders$.

I can pull localization files from the SDK's emulator, but I'm concerned about pushing patches for files that don't exist across all phones. I'll keep an eye on your other thread on localization and see what other people think.