Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by onpinsandneedles View Post
    For those who have said this patch "works," what exactly is working? Obviously I'm not alone in that this patch never worked. I hear text message alerts, email alerts, even low battery alerts while on a phone call. Hell, even if the phone's on vibrate, instead of the phone simply buzzing when I get a text, it makes some weird hybrid ring/buzz sound that I've heard nowhere else.

So, please, would someone who has said it works explain what you mean?
    well, before 1.4 this patch worked as advertized for me -- there were no background noises whil on a call -- after 1.4 it still worked as far as there were no noises in the background --just when i finished my calls the volume level stayed at 0 so i started missing a lot of calls
    Last edited by mespiff; 05/10/2010 at 06:05 AM.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    at this point i think that the patch silences anything when on a call -- the problem is that the volumes remain muted so that you will miss calls after the first
    Since 1.4.1 I've had to give up on this patch for the same reason, it mutes all sounds until you turn them back up, making me miss phone calls
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    mine does the same for the volume leaving it at zero after calls but also still get sounds during calls. I have tried everything, removing and reinstalling the patch. Doctoring phone and then only installing this patch only, did this just to make sure no other patches possibly interfering and nothing. Can anyone get this fixed? This has to be the mosy annoying thing ever.
    i think the original DEV quit supporting this patch a long time ago and ELYRON graciously worked on it but he too has found things that aren't so much of a pita and has done some great work --i am not a dev and followig this thread i doubt that i would take a shot at this patch if i were but anyone who is desperate for it might want to give it a shot -- and if you get it to work i will be thrilled
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I guess the annoying sounds/alerts during calls does not bother that many people. Oh well I guess I have to deal with it.
    huge fail on palms part for programming it to alert while on a call. i can't stand it!!!
    HTC EVO 4G
    ROOTED
    CM6 ROM
    50FPS
    40mflops
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    well, before 1.4 this patch worked as advertized for me -- there were no background noises whil on a call -- after 1.4 it still worked as far as there were no noises in the background --just when i finished my calls the volume level stayed at 0 so i started missing a lot of calls
    I've been doing a bit of digging into this. It seems the volume comes back up when I hang up the call, but not if the other party does. I just tested this with a few different scenarios:

1. My buddy called me. I answered and then hung up. The volume level was restored.
    2. My buddy called me. I answered and then he hung up. The volume remained muted.
    3. I called my buddy. He answered and then I hung up. The volume level was restored.
    4. I called my buddy. He answered and then he hung up. The volume remained muted.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjvcuyler View Post
    I've been doing a bit of digging into this. It seems the volume comes back up when I hang up the call, but not if the other party does. I just tested this with a few different scenarios:

1. My buddy called me. I answered and then hung up. The volume level was restored.
    2. My buddy called me. I answered and then he hung up. The volume remained muted.
    3. I called my buddy. He answered and then I hung up. The volume level was restored.
    4. I called my buddy. He answered and then he hung up. The volume remained muted.
    so if you got in the habit of calling -say your voicemail and hanging up it would restore the volume -- or just make sure you are always the one to hang up.... i think this is a big clue -- maybe elyron will pick up this again and run with it --- thanks
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+

so say if you buddy called and he hung up the volume is muted but if someone calls after that (while volume still muted) and you hung up will the volume be restored? This is some good data because if it as simple as that I could live with that fix until a patch is created to fix it.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    so say if you buddy called and he hung up the volume is muted but if someone calls after that (while volume still muted) and you hung up will the volume be restored? This is some good data because if it as simple as that I could live with that fix until a patch is created to fix it.
    I don't think that would be the case. In the log, I can see the current volume being assigned to a variable and volume being set to 0, at the beginning of the call. In the scenario you describe:

Say you have your volume set to 75%. In the beginning of the first call, the variable is set to 75 and the volume is lowered to 0. If the other party hangs up, that's how it's left. At the beginning of the second call, the variable is set to 0 (the current value) and the volume is set to 0. Even if you hang up, the volume would be restored to 0.

I dug a little deeper, and added some more debugging logging statements, and it looks like the function in which all the magic happens, formatCall, is not called when the other party hangs up on you.
    I dug a little deeper, and added some more debugging logging statements, and it looks like the function in which all the magic happens, formatCall, is not called when the other party hangs up on you.
    Whatever needs to happen probably needs to happen in the activecall-assistant.jsjsjs $with$ $some$ $add$'$l$ $support$ $possibly$ $in$ $the$ $TelephonyEventListener$.$js$ $and$/$or$ $TelephonyCommands$.$js$.

I've worked every volume control mechanism I can think of to mute the alerts without any positive results…In fact, the patch doesn't actually mute the allerts/notifications, at least for me…It seems the alerts are actually being sent through the telephony related audio routes, so muting the media, ringer, or system is futile.

does alerts during calls not bother people or do you have some other solutuin?
    Quote Originally Posted by jwall459 View Post
    does alerts during calls not bother people or do you have some other solutuin?
    it bothers alot of people -- why don't you fix it?
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    it looks like this was updated a few weeks ago. Has any had any success with this on 1.4.1.1?
    this still does not work.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345