Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudus View Post
    I appreciate your work on this, it is probably the most annoying bug on this phone. I have had this patch installed since it came out. I hope you can get it to work. In my opinion Palm should have handled this a long time ago.
    +2 This patch is almost an essential on the Pre. Please don't give up.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    looking forward to this patch
    I appreciate all the work you have put into developing your patches and have used and enjoyed them, thanks!
    Does this work on WebOS 1.4? I cannot get it to work properly. It may be that I have an app that is in conflict. Is that possible?
    Are alot of people having this problem with No Alert during Call not working? I am. And it is very annoying when my phone starts making all the alert sounds while on a phone call. This shouldn't even be a patch, it should be a option within the phone from Palm.

I really hope the developer gets this working again. I am so surprised that I am not seeing many posts on this issue amongst the Palm users.

Anyone have any word on this, or maybe something that has worked for you so that you do not get all the sound notifications while on a phone call?
    Quote Originally Posted by jwall459 View Post
    Are alot of people having this problem with No Alert during Call not working? I am. And it is very annoying when my phone starts making all the alert sounds while on a phone call. This shouldn't even be a patch, it should be a option within the phone from Palm.

I really hope the developer gets this working again. I am so surprised that I am not seeing many posts on this issue amongst the Palm users.

Anyone have any word on this, or maybe something that has worked for you so that you do not get all the sound notifications while on a phone call?
    I'm with you on being surprised there is not more of an outcry from Pre users about this. From day one, it was easily the most annoying behavior for me (on a phone that initially had a lot of annoying behavior). I imagine if more people were bothered by/complained about it, there would have been a patch by now. I can't even recall every time someone's said "what was that?" after getting a text or email while on the phone.

It's an absurd problem that I wish I had the know-how to fix.
    I'm not sure whether this will help, but I noticed that the patch seems to function as it's supposed to (setting the volume to zero and returning it to its previous level, regardless of whether that actually eliminates the notification sounds) when I hang up by pressing the hang up button in the phone app, but it does not return the volume to its previous level if I hang up by swiping the card away.

I do hope you can continue development on this patch. Please keep us updated!
    After updating to 1.4.1.1 this patch won't update, and I can't remove it with Preware or WOSQI. This is the IPKG Log I get in Preware:
    Code:
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/FormattedCall.jsjsjs.$rej$
    $Unreversed$ $patch$ $detected$! $Ignore$ $R$? [$n$]
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phone$/$sources$.$json$.$rej$
    Anyone else getting this or know how to fix it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HebrewHammer View Post
    After updating to 1.4.1.1 this patch won't update, and I can't remove it with Preware or WOSQI. This is the IPKG Log I get in Preware:
    Code:
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/FormattedCall.jsjsjs.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phone$/$sources$.$json$.$rej$
    You might try Jasos's webOS Repair Utility otherwise you might have to doctor.
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...y-v2-01-a.html
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Code:
    Apply anyway? [n]
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    Mine is working just fine.
    Play Cricket Wars, Dungeon Quest, m:Mafia, m:Racing, m:Vampire or m:Zombies? Share your codes at MMORPG ID Exchange
    never mind -- hope you find a solution -- great work

thanks
    Rob
    Last edited by mespiff; 04/06/2010 at 12:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Code:
    Apply anyway? [n]
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]

I'm getting the samething, tried the Repair Utility and that did not work. I really don't want to EPR or Dr. if I dont have to.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    If this patch is working... will it also silence a call-waiting incoming call alert while I'm on a call? That is the only alert that I'd want to hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    If this patch is working... will it also silence a call-waiting incoming call alert while I'm on a call? That is the only alert that I'd want to hear.
    at this point i think that the patch silences anything when on a call -- the problem is that the volumes remain muted so that you will miss calls after the first
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    anyone working on a fix? Does anyone have this installed and it is working correctly for them? I am so surprised that the annoying sounds during calls has not irritated enough people to post more on this. Anyone?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Please get this patch working! You have my support.
    WOW! Well there was a post here with a test version of a NO Alert During Call. However when I go back now to update my testing of the patch the thread and downloadable file is gone. Anyways to whoever that was, I downloaded the test patch and it installed and rebooted my phone and confirmed that it is installed by running preware and tested it out and I still get alerts during calls. I got donation on this if can get working.
    I have the patch, it works most of the time but sometimes it fails to turn the volume back up. I am not sure uder what circumstances it does this.
    Anyone else? Can you confirm if this patch works correctly? Again so surprised that this does not bother people, or maybe it work for everyone.
    For those who have said this patch "works," what exactly is working? Obviously I'm not alone in that this patch never worked. I hear text message alerts, email alerts, even low battery alerts while on a phone call. Hell, even if the phone's on vibrate, instead of the phone simply buzzing when I get a text, it makes some weird hybrid ring/buzz sound that I've heard nowhere else.

So, please, would someone who has said it works explain what you mean?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast