Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    What if you set the notifications to a "silence" audio file on call begin and reset to normal on call end?
    Anyone aware if any further progess has been made??
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I haven't heard any news on this lately, is work still in progress? The tones during my work calls are driving me nuts! I would love a fix.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flur View Post
    I haven't heard any news on this lately, is work still in progress? The tones during my work calls are driving me nuts! I would love a fix.
    This patch has been my bane lately... I need to find a way to activate the silence all switch on the phone via a program or script. Changing volumes doesn't seem to help... or I could try loading a silent sound for all contacts while in a call.... hmmmmm, but I'm not sure how to include that with a patch...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
  5. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Is this patch no longer going to be supported, especially since the new update just came out? I really liked this patch...
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I've been looking at ways to do this for awhile now and just can't seem to get anything to work...
    I need to find a software way to initialize the hardware mute switch function, that seems to work best and would be the easiest to implement without a lot of extra code.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

it was reported in another thread that this patch causes the volume display to appear when a call ends. is that confirmed? and if so, can that be remedied? This patch rules, but having the volume display is really annoying.

thanks
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    it was reported in another thread that this patch causes the volume display to appear when a call ends. is that confirmed? and if so, can that be remedied? This patch rules, but having the volume display is really annoying.

thanks
    it does... it changes the volume to zero during a call and then back to your setting after the call...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

and that explains why the volume would display at the end of a call, b/c it was just changed.

good find Elryon..
  10. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    So is the patch working then? I don't mind seeing the volume display if it will stop the sounds during a call...
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    well, it does what it's programmed to do... but that doesn't stop the sounds during a call...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Any progress on this? Is there a way to turn off notifications rather than muting the sound? Even with the sound volume at Zero the vibrating is loud enough that the caller on the other end hears it. It is completely embarrassing...especially when on a work call.

Perhaps a Phone Preference to disable ALL notifications during a call. Not sure how feasible but that would be great.
    is the sound real quiet or is it still loud during a call ? if sound is all the way down then you would think it was not bothersome ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Well, the sound is real low but it can still be heard. I'm actually on a call with my gf right now and just got an email. My phone vibrated and made a noise and her reaction was "What the c.r.a.p was that"? She thought I was humming but it was the phone vibrating. The vibration of the phone is loud enough that the other person hears it, so, I'm hoping there is a way to turn off notifications completely when on a call.
    I had this patch installed but it quit working after I changed my ringtone so I uninstalled it with the intention of reinstalling it but it will not reinstall. In the IPKG log it says that a reversed or previously applied patch was detected. What do I do from here?
    With the release of webOS1.4 this patch is no longer working. I love this patch and would like to see it on webOS1.4. Right now it turns down like it is suppose to but doesn't turn back up when the call is over.
    Play Cricket Wars, Dungeon Quest, m:Mafia, m:Racing, m:Vampire or m:Zombies? Share your codes at MMORPG ID Exchange
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    With the release of webOS1.4 this patch is no longer working. I love this patch and would like to see it on webOS1.4. Right now it turns down like it is suppose to but doesn't turn back up when the call is over.
    I haven't had the time to really look at this in a while, it got waay to frustrating last time and almost made me loose interest in patching for webos. I have yet to get a version that actually works right for the last two updates...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    I haven't had the time to really look at this in a while, it got waay to frustrating last time and almost made me loose interest in patching for webos. I have yet to get a version that actually works right for the last two updates...
    Keep it up man,

You'll find a way sooner or later, maybe having another set of eyes on the code would help you out. Anywho, good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    I appreciate your work on this, it is probably the most annoying bug on this phone. I have had this patch installed since it came out. I hope you can get it to work. In my opinion Palm should have handled this a long time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudus View Post
    I appreciate your work on this, it is probably the most annoying bug on this phone. I have had this patch installed since it came out. I hope you can get it to work. In my opinion Palm should have handled this a long time ago.
    +1 I agree. Who would want some loud alert going off in their ear when they are talking on the phone!
    Play Cricket Wars, Dungeon Quest, m:Mafia, m:Racing, m:Vampire or m:Zombies? Share your codes at MMORPG ID Exchange
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast