Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Here are some patches that will format your messenger to look more like the iphone style with variable balloon sizes and alignment to each side of the window. There is a version with avatars that also enables the avatar on the left (don't need the separate patch for that with this), and a patch that removes the avatars in the chat window. These work best if you also change your balloons to be solid (and even better with small tails and a time-stamp patch) Enjoy!
    The screenshots below show special balloons, the patches do not include these, that would be up to the theme you have or if you replace the originals.
    This is a link to the balloons I used:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2022230
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by elryon; 11/22/2009 at 02:10 PM.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    And so anyone can have them, here are the zip's of the theme I used. The themes are a combination of the patch and balloons.... don't know if you can install with a current theme though... but talk to the maker of your favorite theme and maybe they can include this patch with whatever balloons they use...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    And so anyone can have them, here are the zip's of the theme I used. The themes are a combination of the patch and balloons.... don't know if you can install with a current theme though... but talk to the maker of your favorite theme and maybe they can include this patch with whatever balloons they use...
    elryon:

I have a patch that you can merge w/ yours that will make it have a background as well as font color.

If you want to let me know and I'll send you the modified .css
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

ok, installed your patch. Now in addition to text in the messages there is a solid grey balloon. It's in every message whether it is incoming or outgoing. It's obnoxious & bothersome. I've uninstalled the app & the grey balloon is still there. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by 13ComingDown View Post
    ok, installed your patch. Now in addition to text in the messages there is a solid grey balloon. It's in every message whether it is incoming or outgoing. It's obnoxious & bothersome. I've uninstalled the app & the grey balloon is still there. Any suggestions?
    Did you install the .patch or the .zip?

The .zip is a theme so you will have to remove it the same way you installed it.

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

How do you get your own personal avatar to show up? I cannot figure this out!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    How do you get your own personal avatar to show up? I cannot figure this out!
    I'm having the same issue, and I've tried several different ways to get it to show up. All I have is an empty floating box on the left side next to the name.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    The avatar needs to be a png file named my-avatar that is mostly square (40x40 works great or bigger)... put this file in the pre's main directory when the phone is in usb mode.
    such as E:\my-avatar.png
    (if E is the removable usb drive for the pre).
    be sure to actually change the file format, just renaming it to my-avatar.png doesn't work. open the file in a picture editor and save-as to the png format with the name my-avatar
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    thanks for this
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    Quote Originally Posted by intro View Post
    thanks for this
    You should hit the thanks button!

Follow the link below.

this patch is the greatest
    So,
    This is Elryon's girlfriend, (and before you start!)

Just wanted to give a big "Thank You!" to everyone who has donated to Elryon. He works really hard on these patches. I stopped asking "whatcha doin' NOW?" a long time ago, because he was telling me. And I don't have a clue what he's talking about. The extent of my involvement is "Yep. That's cute." or "No, not so much."

But ANYWAY, I just wanted to thank you all very much, because when he's bouncing around our apartment going "I got another donation!" like a giddy schoolboy... it's -almost- worth giving up the time with him.

But don't think that I'm going to just let him off. We have to SHARE, understand?
    Share.

Thanks again! =D

(*crosses fingers this won't get deleted for being unrelated, at least until he's able to see it =P*)

-LadyKitsune, Elryon's gf.

((And YES this is copied and pasted to a few of his threads. Don't get into a huff. I wasn't going to retype this eighteen times. Sheesh!))
    you should reduce the space between the messages.. way too much empty space. maybe because i dont have the default timestamp showing. how about a version with less space for those of us who have removed the default time stamp.. i am having trouble with the personal avatar showing with fritos patch it works like a charm i have not tried your left side avatar patch yet. that is the avatar i am using same file exactly with fritos patch works

I just tried it with this file to and no luck

my-avatar.png
    Last edited by jack87; 11/25/2009 at 06:56 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    you should reduce the space between the messages.. way too much empty space. maybe because i dont have the default timestamp showing. how about a version with less space for those of us who have removed the default time stamp.. i am having trouble with the personal avatar showing with fritos patch it works like a charm i have not tried your left side avatar patch yet. that is the avatar i am using same file exactly with fritos patch works
    Thats the only problem i have w/ this is the space between the messages, Would be better if the messages were closer.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Thats the only problem i have w/ this is the space between the messages, Would be better if the messages were closer.
    I think the original idea was to use with these balloons looks fine there i guess. i still cant get my avatar to work and i have not tried those balloons yet

they can be found here...
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    I think the original idea was to use with these balloons looks fine there i guess. i still cant get my avatar to work and i have not tried those balloons yet

they can be found here...
    yes, the original idea was to use with balloons like those, it was formatted using them. as for the avatar... where are you putting it? the patches i made look for the pic in the media/internals directory (that's the main directory when in usb mode) so as to make it easy for those with little computer knowledge... other than that, the pic looks fine. not sure why it wouldn't work. have you restarted since installing the patch? and which other patch are you referring to that works? if it's the enable avatar patch that puts it on the right.. then it is where your putting your avatar... i keep one in both folders...
    the spacing was due to the fact that there is no way to right align. I had to use float and that somehow caused the spacing to go wako and start behind the text input box... The extra space is an empty div to make it float above the input box... might be able to work it if I make the whole scene even more dynamic and change it to only put the empty one on the first... then remove it when a new message comes in.. but that would take a lot of extra code and time and i'm not even sure it's possible.... we'll see....
    Last edited by elryon; 11/25/2009 at 09:31 PM.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    yes, the original idea was to use with balloons like those, it was formatted using them. as for the avatar... where are you putting it? the patches i made look for the pic in the media/internals directory (that's the main directory when in usb mode) so as to make it easy for those with little computer knowledge... other than that, the pic looks fine. not sure why it wouldn't work. have you restarted since installing the patch? and which other patch are you referring to that works? if it's the enable avatar patch that puts it on the right.. then it is where your putting your avatar... i keep one in both folders...
    the spacing was due to the fact that there is no way to right align. I had to use float and that somehow caused the spacing to go wako and start behind the text input box... The extra space is an empty div to make it float above the input box... might be able to work it if I make the whole scene even more dynamic and change it to only put the empty one on the first... then remove it when a new message comes in.. but that would take a lot of extra code and time and i'm not even sure it's possible.... we'll see....
    Must of been my location of the avatar file i was putting in the messaging app directory when i placed it in the media/internal it worked like a charm. so whats the deal with spacing to the left when you are in conversation list? sorry is that what you are trying to explain here. and where do the balloon files go for it to show on the pre

Update:
    So I used the files in that post

But they were labeled back words so i had to relabel them my baking the rights left and the lefts right spacing still looks really weird the the threaded view perhaps the messaging.css file needs a little modding

Do you think you can figure out what style sheet he used in the picture i posted in my last reply
    Last edited by jack87; 11/26/2009 at 12:13 AM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Okay here are what it looks like with your patch

The spacing between the two messages is way to much and does not resemble what the other guy made it look like (the one that made the balloons)
    messaging_2009-25-11_232936.png

This view has a weird space to the left. I tried the messaging.css he made in the testing zip and that space wasnt there although the threaded chat view looked like hell. also i wonder if the chat balloon can change color depending on who sent the last message rather then making it all as if it was the right baloon
    messaging_2009-25-11_233357.png
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    When I get a new txt message it doesnt size to show the whole message I have to scroll down but then then pre scrolls up on its own. Is there a way u can fix that?
    To reduce the space between messages you have to set in messaging.css:

.chat-entry .chat-balloon {
    min-height: 1px;
    }

here´s how my messaging app looks like, I modified a little the original iphone style.

I dont remember if that is the last one, but the space between ballons is already modified
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast