Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am having the same problem... I uninstalled just like I installed and still having this issue... Please help
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Okay here are what it looks like with your patch

The spacing between the two messages is way to much and does not resemble what the other guy made it look like (the one that made the balloons)
    Attachment 37957

This view has a weird space to the left. I tried the messaging.css he made in the testing zip and that space wasnt there although the threaded chat view looked like hell. also i wonder if the chat balloon can change color depending on who sent the last message rather then making it all as if it was the right baloon
    Attachment 37958
    The other pic I believe was photoshoped to be what was wanted and the space in the other list is a result of the spaceing in the chat list. These couldn't be helped, I spent probably close to 12 hours and had several others helping to get what I did. The spaceing between messages is because of the extra div I had to place there to prevent needing to scroll up to view a multi-line message and then the pre automatically going back to part of it being covered. It's a drawback of trying to align right. (nothing out there yet does it prefectly).

Quote Originally Posted by salm04 View Post
    When I get a new txt message it doesnt size to show the whole message I have to scroll down but then then pre scrolls up on its own. Is there a way u can fix that?
    This is why I had the extra div and spacing in my patch. So it doesn't cover up a muli-line message like below...

Quote Originally Posted by ozhone View Post
    To reduce the space between messages you have to set in messaging.css:

.chat-entry .chat-balloon {
    min-height: 1px;
    }

here´s how my messaging app looks like, I modified a little the original iphone style.

I dont remember if that is the last one, but the space between ballons is already modified
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    The other pic I believe was photoshoped to be what was wanted and the space in the other list is a result of the spaceing in the chat list. These couldn't be helped, I spent probably close to 12 hours and had several others helping to get what I did. The spaceing between messages is because of the extra div I had to place there to prevent needing to scroll up to view a multi-line message and then the pre automatically going back to part of it being covered. It's a drawback of trying to align right. (nothing out there yet does it prefectly).

This is why I had the extra div and spacing in my patch. So it doesn't cover up a muli-line message like below...

So when there is a multi-line message theres nothing to be done about having to scroll down to read the entire message? Because thats what happens when i get a long message.
    Quote Originally Posted by salm04 View Post
    So when there is a multi-line message theres nothing to be done about having to scroll down to read the entire message? Because thats what happens when i get a long message.
    It doesnt happens to me, the screen capture I take was in the middle of the conversation, not at the very end.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ozhone View Post
    It doesnt happens to me, the screen capture I take was in the middle of the conversation, not at the very end.
    my patch without editing should not have this issue. what I'm talking about is that the conversation is still partially covered with your edit. The regular patch I made will sit the entire convo on top and not under with the avatar.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I am sure this is obvious, but how do you make the balloons solid? I can't find the preferences for this.

Thanks,

Paul
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Anyone having issues with personal avatar after 1.3.5 update?
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    Anyone having issues with personal avatar after 1.3.5 update?
    Yes, never tried it until after 1.3.5. Personal avatar is showing a blank pick (tried putting my-avatar.png in root of usb and /media/internal which I had to create). Iphone style with avatar didn't make any changes for me.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blckz28 View Post
    Yes, never tried it until after 1.3.5. Personal avatar is showing a blank pick (tried putting my-avatar.png in root of usb and /media/internal which I had to create). Iphone style with avatar didn't make any changes for me.
    So ru saying that ur pic is showing with iphone style with avatar but not with just the personal avatar patch?

That explains it. Sorry i thought somethign funky was happening considering mine looked different. After the first day or two i have gotten used to it now not a problem what so ever.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    So ru saying that ur pic is showing with iphone style with avatar but not with just the personal avatar patch?
    With the iphone style with avatar nothing changes, no avatar and no iphone style. If I use the personal avatar patch I get an empty square where my picture should be. I used the personal avatar on left side patch. I didn't have a media folder on the USB drive so I created /media/internal/ and placed my-avatar.png in there. I also placed it in the root but still no pic.
    With the iphone style with avatar nothing changes, no avatar and no iphone style. If I use the personal avatar patch I get an empty square where my picture should be. I used the personal avatar on left side patch. I didn't have a media folder on the USB drive so I created /media/internal/ and placed my-avatar.png in there. I also placed it in the root but still no pic.
    OK I take part of that back. I re-installed the iphone patch and that worked except I still have no pic in the avatar box. I think I will delete everything and start over. Maybe I tried installing too many patches at once.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    OK I take part of that back. I re-installed the iphone patch and that worked except I still have no pic in the avatar box. I think I will delete everything and start over. Maybe I tried installing too many patches at once.
    you do not need to create any new folders for the pic... just put in the main folder when in usb mode. If your getting the box where the avatar should be, everything is working, you just need to put the pic where it's looking for it. Also, make sure it is a png file (not just renamed, but actually converted)
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

should this working on 1.3.5? Cause its not working for me....
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

http://www.prethemer.com/profile/mracer29/themes

If you like my work or I do custom work for you, I have a donate button on my themes on prethemer. Donations always accepted but, never required!!!! If nothing else the thanks button is over there
    -------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    should this working on 1.3.5? Cause its not working for me....
    for me is working fine in 1.3.5
    ugggg! I'll have to see what's up cause my avatar box is just empty.
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

http://www.prethemer.com/profile/mracer29/themes

If you like my work or I do custom work for you, I have a donate button on my themes on prethemer. Donations always accepted but, never required!!!! If nothing else the thanks button is over there
    -------------------------------------------------------------------->
    you do not need to create any new folders for the pic... just put in the main folder when in usb mode. If your getting the box where the avatar should be, everything is working, you just need to put the pic where it's looking for it. Also, make sure it is a png file (not just renamed, but actually converted)
    I removed both iphone style patch and avatar on left patch. Then re-installed just iphone patch and all is good.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    not sure why but my avatar window is blank as well. It was working prior to 1.3.5 update....

Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    probably just need to resave the pic to the directory and restart...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    probably just need to resave the pic to the directory and restart...
    Yeah i came from doctoring and deleting everything on my phone. I moved the "my-avatar.png" file to /media/internal and still doesn't work....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast