Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello. I would like to offer this as a patch suggestion for a willing developer.

From the phone dialer on the Pre, inserting numbers from the dial pad, will search and pull up matching contact entries.

For example, dialing "5-6-4-6" will display any contacts named "John".

I think this feature will be very appreciated by the community, since the major smartphone platforms (BB, iphone, Windows), support this functionality.

It does not make sense to have to pull out the keyboard, if you are simply making a call.
    Thanks
    The important thing is that if you don't want to look up that person that you can continue dialing and the contact search is canceled. My Treo 600 did this and it was agreat time saver!
    +1 that would be great. searching for contacts without opening the hard keyboard
    +2,944,345,234,349,751
    +2,944,345,234,349,752
    anything?
    Let me re-iterate how important this patch will be upon completion. Could a developer please attempt this patch request?

thanks!
    I would love to see this also!
    or..... How about just making the # slot a searchable through univ. Search...? It only funds the contact after the whole # is typed. If I type 954404 the contact should show up. Probably adding the prefix and suffix but not the area code...?
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    or..... How about just making the # slot a searchable through univ. Search...? It only funds the contact after the whole # is typed. If I type 954404 the contact should show up. Probably adding the prefix and suffix but not the area code...?
    That wouldn't help you on the dialing screen; you'd still need to use the keyboard.

We want to be able to search contacts via T9 from the dialpad screen with the slide shut, like all of Palm's previous phones can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    +1 to this and +1 to the original idea
    Not only should there be a patch, Palm needs to address this.
    what is the status on this request? this is basic phone functionality that even my crappy windows phone had... should not be that hard to put in.. i am genuinely surprised that more people aren't talking/complaining about this...
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Shameless bump.

This would be as cool as it gets!
    agreed. been dying for this for a while
    BUMP... i always wondered why this and several others things werent stock with the phone. please if someone can make this, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by theweaselslayer View Post
    That wouldn't help you on the dialing screen; you'd still need to use the keyboard.

We want to be able to search contacts via T9 from the dialpad screen with the slide shut, like all of Palm's previous phones can do.
    better late than never, eh? (response time)...

I would rather search by phone #s and t9.. Listing all possibilities.... Through the dial pad but omiting all other things. More or less a universal contact search through dial pad. Complex coding & modifying from what i've heard.

there is one guy who could probably do it... And may already have the foundation written for it.. FLPalm from Gdial?
    I also wanted this, but after discussion in another thread, it wouldnt work. If the dialpad is open, you have no room to list your searches on screen. I just use the virtual keyboard for the same effect, I only wish it launched faster, it's instant on the moment.
    yeah i would love that, too!

I also think its strange that the pre hasnt got it in the first place, and that there are so few complaints about this.
    +1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast