Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    No problems with 600 patch here...faster, smoother, more responsive, clean restarts and little/no effect on battery life. Just lucky I guess?
    so I'm getting really close to considering installing the smartreflex 500 patch. With the 500 version has anyone noticed any negative issues? I have an extended battery so battery life isn't a huge concern but would be nice to extend it even more.
    I tested my battery before installing the SF 600 patch, and after and the power usage was much lower at idle with no programs running. It seems to use more power when running programs, but well worth, anyways I always close to a charger. One thing I did notice on both was the bluetooth was a power hog when it was switched on. I like how my pre performs on the SF 600, I have 7 months left on the 1 year warranty and also have insurance, so not worried about wearing out the chip. I will be interesting over the next few weeks to see how it works out.
    I can only echo what others have already pointed out:

While active, the Pre is faster and also drains the battery faster.

When not active, there is almost no battery loss whatsoever.

I had a full battery at 10am yesterday and had a 60% battery at 8pm lastnight. My #1 use is email which they also changed considerably. So between the 2 changes, its feels like my battery life has almost doubled. Its really nice. But when its in use, it does look like the battery drains faster.

So if you're not interested in the performance boost, use the 500Mhz smartreflex instead.
    Can someone please help me with changing from 500mhz to 600. I just can't seem to figure it out. I saw some commands but I don't know where to start.
    Open up preware and open of the 500mhz patch and hit the remove button. Then reboot your phone and open up preware again and open the 600 mhz patch and hit the install button and then reboot your phone again. If it freezes pull the battery. Hope this helps.
    There is no 600mhz patch that installs.
    I had the 600 installed like 3 days ago and I uninstalled to test out My Tether and now they took down all the 600patchs and can only download the 500 one. I keep seeing you can change the code but I have no idea how to do that.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wraithnet View Post
    I can only echo what others have already pointed out:

While active, the Pre is faster and also drains the battery faster.

When not active, there is almost no battery loss whatsoever.

I had a full battery at 10am yesterday and had a 60% battery at 8pm lastnight. My #1 use is email which they also changed considerably. So between the 2 changes, its feels like my battery life has almost doubled. Its really nice. But when its in use, it does look like the battery drains faster.

So if you're not interested in the performance boost, use the 500Mhz smartreflex instead.
    How did e-mail change?
    I opened up preware and did a search and they were there, but there was a skull and crossbones next to them.
    I installed preware on my personal Pre when I had 1.2.1 and still after the 1.3.1was installed it was fine... but... the new phones that ive installed the preware do not have the patches. The apps are there but not the patches. Is that a different setup? Or should preware have those included with the download.
    It won't let me install the SR600 patchs
    it wont let you install the 600 anymore.
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Nope
    I get an error everytime I try to install SR600 but SR500 installs everytime no problem.
    i believe is because they are obsolete
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Yeah I know. I'm trying to get the SR600 back. I know you can edit the code but I have no idea how to do that.
    Does anyone have the Smart Reflex 600 patch? I have no idea why they pulled it. It makes the Pre so much faster and stable and battery life is phenomenal with it.

Come on PreCentral and Preware post it back. The patch is by no means dangerous. The Pre's processor is more than capable of running even higher than 600 mhz.

If anyone has it PM me and I will give you my email to send it to. Thanks in advance.
    +1
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I'd really be interested in knowing how to do that as well. I'd be down for a modification for perhaps 550?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast