Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    anyone try this yet and how is it different from the power save reflex patch.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    the CPU Scaling patch should help for more battery life as it dynamically decreases the CPU frequency while it is idle, and increase it while it's being used. The SmartReflex patch overclocks and adds voltage settings to the processor itself. In other words, the SmartReflex patch should make it faster than the CPU Scaling patch sacrificing battery life.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    If so good, why doesn't Palm include it?
    read the thread in the patch section.
  5.    #5  
    great thank you for the info.
    Can somebody tell me the advantages of having smartreflex set at 500mHz?
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerpathic View Post
    Can somebody tell me the advantages of having smartreflex set at 500mHz?
    dude, you were in that thread.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I wouldn't recommend installing the CPU scaling patch. Several of us, including myself, have had to use WebOS Doctor to restore our phones because the patch prevented the phone from booting.

The Smartreflex patch works fine for me though.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    I wouldn't recommend installing the CPU scaling patch. Several of us, including myself, have had to use WebOS Doctor to restore our phones because the patch prevented the phone from booting.

The Smartreflex patch works fine for me though.
    That happened to me after downloading the CPU scaling patch, but a quick popping out the battery and reinserting and then connecting it to the charger booted it. Plus, my pre's most definitely faster now; no more lag when launching multiple apps!
  10.    #10  
    I don't trust them, I tried them both and took them off.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    I don't trust them, I tried them both and took them off.
    Not at the same time I hope. And why would you not trust them? There are plenty of users here, myself included, currently using the patch with no issues at all.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  12.    #12  
    No not at the same time, which one are you using? does the Reflex scale down when Idling?
    works great for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  14.    #14  
    How long have you been running it, and in the other thread they were talking about CPU and chipset lifespan cut in half. I would think for the average user they would not notice anything. I maybe check my email once a day and jump online once or twice a day and I very seldom run more than one app.
    lifespan claim is not verified by anyone important . or someone with direct knowledge . and with the scaling patch your not running at the 600 mark all the time only when your using the pre when idle it drops to 250 so i believe it will be ok .

been on my phone since last night
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I am going to give this patch a few weeks before I try it. Just to be on the safe side.
  17.    #17  
    I have the smartreflex right now seems to be faster, its going to use the 600 all the time right. Just when it needs it.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boggs3010 View Post
    I am going to give this patch a few weeks before I try it. Just to be on the safe side.
    Its has been out for a few weeks I think it was only for beta testers now its a patch, someone correct me if I am wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    If so good, why doesn't Palm include it?
    It wasn't stable in past revisions of the OS. I'd expect SmartReflex to be on in a future update.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    You are correct. This has been beta tested prior to being released in PreWare.

Ramping up CPU speed to it's default setting of 600MHz will NOT cut it's life span in half. That's total BS. No one knows how much time you'll "lose" with your Pre, if any at all... If you're afraid to run it, don't run it. I'm enjoying it though as are others.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast