Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you should throw away the webos dotor and web os QI and redownload them if it keeps up ,but also reboot computer and restart novacom driver too
    ive redownloaded 1.3.1 three times, and 1.2.1, restarted comp several times, and reinstalled novaco 2 times. my phone still freezes on boot, and every time doctor gets to 6% then my phone resets and freezes. is my phone done for cause of this patch!?
    plug in the pre to the A/C power as its in press and hold the up volume bottun during phone boot until you see a USB symbol then you connect the pre to your pc to Doctor
    There are updates to all the CPU Scaling and Powersave Smartreflex patches. They are now in their own category called "Dangerous" on Preware. They have a new version number but no changelog...
    When i leave my pre alone and its done charging at 100% from my usb charger through pc, the pre is dead. It wont turn on or anything. I have to take the battery out and put it back in for the pre to turn on. This has happened twice so far. Anyone else having this problem? My guess is its from this patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by elegantevent-ee View Post
    I downloaded the CPU scaling patch and like most, I got the dreaded lockup at the load screen. I did try everything from removing the battery to waiting an hour to see if it would boot up, no joy. Had to use webos doc.

My recommendation is NOT to download this patch at least until there are verified fixes for this. I gambled like everyone else, very few won, I joined the people who lost.
    Same here, had to hold volume up button to get into usb mode to even start webos doctor. I had installed smartflex and removed it. When I installed Scaling and rebooted it bricked.
    I put the 550 patch in several days ago, and it's work flawlessly. I mean absolutely flawlessly. The directions called for rebooting twice (including taking out the battery once). Mine is an early Pre. I had heard the early ones weren't as friendly with Hz boosting, but mine is doing fine so far. I'm tempted to try the 600 patch, but don't think I will. I hope those of you that have had problems figure out what's wrong, because it's a great patch on my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmcdowell View Post
    Same here, had to hold volume up button to get into usb mode to even start webos doctor. I had installed smartflex and removed it. When I installed Scaling and rebooted it bricked.
    So I must be a an *****. Tried it again with the same results. Tried to reset device and it locked up on the PALM screen again! Had to webos doctor for the second time in one day.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234