Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    who really cares as long as it does not build anymore heat, and I'm pretty sure somthing else will break on the phone first. Don't get me wrong I love my egg shell pre.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    here is how I see the lifespan issue if its true. My pre is almost 6 months old. Its has stress fractures forming. It won't see its 1st birthday and probably not the new year. The phone won't last long enough to burn up the cpu. I tep for a reason.
    I downloaded the CPU scaling patch and like most, I got the dreaded lockup at the load screen. I did try everything from removing the battery to waiting an hour to see if it would boot up, no joy. Had to use webos doc.

My recommendation is NOT to download this patch at least until there are verified fixes for this. I gambled like everyone else, very few won, I joined the people who lost.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    No guts, no glory.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  5.    #25  
    I never got it, seems to be running fine for me. The phone app is way more snappy.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    I never got it, seems to be running fine for me. The phone app is way more snappy.
    Mine's working fine. Battery sinks faster with heavy use, but I've noticed it sinks MUCH slower while the phone is idle.. as it should. All while improving performance greatly in every app! Woohoo!
  7.    #27  
    I just checked preware and they have some more now I wonder what the dif is?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Which one are you using currently, and which one do you find to be the best. thanks man.
    i had the scale patch to 600 and i tried to uninstall it and it messed up my phone lol im doing the doctor now ha ha. well its safe to use the smartflex 600 patch i installed and uninstalled it fine .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Interesting... My guess is he's relabeled them for clarification and included one for 500MHz and one for 600MHz. If you're worried about reducing life span or something like that, choose one of the two 500MHz patches. If not use the 600MHz patch.. From what I can tell, both do the same thing. I'm using the PowerReflex patch with no issues, better performance, and slower battery drain while idle.

At your own risk of course...
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    I just checked preware and they have some more now I wonder what the dif is?
    what patch r u using ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    thanks, i just installed the smartflex 600 patch. so pretty much it should enhance speed when i am useing it and when im not useing the mhz should drop down, correct?
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Also be sure to completely shut off your Pre and then turn it back on versus a restart alone.. just to avoid any possible issues. ktnx

Quote Originally Posted by kevlars9 View Post
    thanks, i just installed the smartflex 600 patch. so pretty much it should enhance speed when i am useing it and when im not useing the mhz should drop down, correct?
    You are correct Sir! You'll notice a faster drain while using it, but a MUCH slower drain while it's idle. All while getting much better performance.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    cool, i actually just restarted it but ill try powering it down and rebooting.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    what patch r u using ??
    I am using the first smart Reflex patch, I installed and uninstalled a few times before deciding that I like it no problems so far. just seems faster
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    I just installed the reflex 600, and it has made my Pre much more snappy. I have a Seidio 2600 so battery life isn't a huge deal.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlars9 View Post
    cool, i actually just restarted it but ill try powering it down and rebooting.
    Only reason I suggested shutting it off completely is, the first time I installed the patch I shut it down. After installed the relabeled PowerFlex powersaver 600 patch, I just restarted the Pre and it froze when I got the homescreen. A battery pull fixed that though.
    I talked to a salesperson in a German O2 store and he told me that the warranty given by O2 is gone when u tweak your phone with patches that have influences on the hardware, like overclocking/CPU scaling etc.

Is that true?
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    Only reason I suggested shutting it off completely is, the first time I installed the patch I shut it down. After installed the relabeled PowerFlex powersaver 600 patch, I just restarted the Pre and it froze when I got the homescreen. A battery pull fixed that though.
    Should I uninstall for the relabeled one? Or just leave it.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannes1983de View Post
    I talked to a salesperson in a German O2 store and he told me that the warranty given by O2 is gone when u tweak your phone with patches that have influences on the hardware, like overclocking/CPU scaling etc.

Is that true?
    Could be, but it's so simple to uninstall it all, there's no way they'd ever know.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast