Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 65
  1.    #1  
    This is the thread for the Increase Top Bar Font Size Patch.

    no-numbers.jpg
    The screenshot above shows the increased font size on the home screen.

    launcher-no-numbers.jpg
    The screenshot above shows the increased font size with the app name in the top left instead of the carrier string...can create overlap...forewarned.

    with numbers.jpg
    The above screenshot shows the issue with the Battery Icon as Percent patch installed as well...if you notice, the battery percent is displaced downwards in relation to the other strings. I am investigating this when I get a chance.

    Unknown_2009-22-11_204424.png
    This is the screenshot for the Size 18 patch that can be found below. If you notice, the battery percent value has the % sign after it at this size. One thing different about it is that the app name when an app is open is size 16. I did this to prevent some of the overlap issues. And that is my girlfriend's and my dog, Sasha

    Description
    This will change the font size of the entire top bar (carrier string, date/time, battery percent if you have the patch installed to show actual percentage, app title) to size 17,18, or 21 to better fill up the top bar space...it makes the clock much easier to read! This patch is compatible with the Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time Patch and the Battery Icon as Percent patch. For WebOS version 1.3.1. Thanks to 2sslow for the idea!

    Install Instructions
    The easiest install method is to install via PreWare.

    ***NOTE:
    To use the Battery Icon AND Percent patch, use the Size 17 patch.
    To use the Battery Icon AS Percent patch, use the Size 18 patch.


    Alternatively, download the .patch file from below. Open Quick Install (http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ll-v2-9-a.html) and click on the plus icon on the right hand side. Find the .patch file wherever you saved it on your computer and click on it. Then, simply hit install. Once the patch installs, QI will automatically restart your phone and you should be all set!

    Download
    Increase-Top-Bar-Font-Size-21.patch
    Increase-Top-Bar-Font-Size-18.patch
    Increase-Top-Bar-Font-Size-17.patch

    Planned Updates
    -none

    Change Log
    11/23/09 - released version 1 of Size 17 patch for WebOS 1.3.1
    11/22/09 - released version 1 of Size 18 patch for WebOS 1.3.1
    11/21/09 - released version 1 for WebOS 1.3.1

    Enjoy!
    -jmartino2011
    Last edited by jmartino2011; 11/24/2009 at 06:13 PM.
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

    If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

    "Freedom isn't free"
  2. #2  
    Thanks!

    Is this in the Preware feed?

    - Craig
  3.    #3  
    i submitted it tonight...about an hour ago.
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

    If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

    "Freedom isn't free"
  4. #4  
    thanks again for looking into the batt % alignment - it does look like the batt % patch will need to be updated since the numbers are already misaligned before applying this font-increase patch. BTW, does work with the carrier string/color change patch. But not compatible with themes that already make changes to the top bar - just more info for people that want these patches. Kudos!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  5.    #5  
    hey guys, I have uploaded another patch that has size 18 font for everything except the app name (size 16). I think this one looks better than the size 21, and is the one I'm using on my phone. I have submitted the size 18 version (see screenshot above) to Preware, and have asked them not to upload the size 21 version. However, the size 21 version will still be available through this thread if you want it. Just install through Quick Install.

    edit: It's now available in Preware

    Enjoy!

    jmartino2011
    Last edited by jmartino2011; 11/23/2009 at 07:37 AM.
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

    If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

    "Freedom isn't free"
  6. #6  
    hey, i used this patch and my battery % dissappeared. can you fix this?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    hey, i used this patch and my battery % dissappeared. can you fix this?
    can you send me a screenshot of the problem? Was it just the % symbol or the all of the numbers of the battery level? Did you install through preware or download a patch and install through QI? If you installed by downloading a patch, which one did you install, 21 or 18?
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

    If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

    "Freedom isn't free"
  8. theisley's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #8  
    Stupid question, but where do I find the change carrier string/color change patch?
    not seeing it in preware or WOSQI.



    never mind, found it.
    Last edited by theisley; 11/23/2009 at 09:59 AM.
  9.    #9  
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...date-time.html

    it's not in preware b/c it requires you to make modifications to the patch file before installing it with QI...you have to input your own text and colors. make sure to follow the instructions on the first post of the thread.

    John
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

    If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

    "Freedom isn't free"
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    can you send me a screenshot of the problem? Was it just the % symbol or the all of the numbers of the battery level? Did you install through preware or download a patch and install through QI? If you installed by downloading a patch, which one did you install, 21 or 18?
    I have the XX% patch installed but it's not showing. it was download from preware, removed, and applied again for this screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    I have the XX% patch installed but it's not showing. it was download from preware, removed, and applied again for this screenshot
    hmm, that is interesting...i haven't seen this problem on my phone or the emulator. I have the size 18 patch applied on mine. I also have the MM/DD/YY and Battery Icon as Percent patches applied. Even when I turn on Wifi and Bluetooth, I don't have any problems with the numbers.

    Could you try something for me? Can you uninstall this patch as well as the Battery Icon as Percent patch. Then, turn off wifi and bluetooth. Then, install the Increase Font Size patch, then the Battery Icon as Percent patch, and then turn wifi and bluetooth back on. If the same problem occurs, i have really no idea what would be causing it. I'm intrigued...
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

    If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

    "Freedom isn't free"
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    hey, i used this patch and my battery % dissappeared. can you fix this?
    me too. If I connect the wall charger, the charging battery icon (battery and lightning bolt) appear for an instant and then disappear.

    hmmm...suddenly displays fine. I see battery iconm and % in larger font. sweet

    dissapeared again....
    Last edited by NABRIL15; 01/05/2010 at 08:24 AM. Reason: yes
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    Could you try something for me? Can you uninstall this patch as well as the Battery Icon as Percent patch. Then, turn off wifi and bluetooth. Then, install the Increase Font Size patch, then the Battery Icon as Percent patch, and then turn wifi and bluetooth back on. If the same problem occurs, i have really no idea what would be causing it. I'm intrigued...
    I remove and reinstalled as you requested and had the same deal. I was using the "Icon AND % patch" and noticed that you were using "icon AS %" so i switched over to that patch and it works. still seems to have an issue with the "AND" patch.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    I remove and reinstalled as you requested and had the same deal. I was using the "Icon AND % patch" and noticed that you were using "icon AS %" so i switched over to that patch and it works. still seems to have an issue with the "AND" patch.
    hmm, i didn't even think to check it with the AND patch because i have never used it. I will take a look into the issue and see if I can figure it out. What i may have to end up doing (since I barely know anything about coding) is reduce the font size to 16 or 17 and see if that corrects the disappearance. I wonder if there is a file that splits the top bar into three pieces with one each for carrier string, date/time, and then all the icons on the right. If so, it may be possible to increase the size of the right most piece so that the percent doesn't get "pushed off" the side of the screen, which is how i'm interpreting what is happening with your phone.
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

    If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

    "Freedom isn't free"
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    me too. If I connect the wall charger, the charging battery icon (battery and lightning bolt) appear for an instant and then disappear.

    hmmm...suddenly displays fine. I see battery iconm and % in larger font. sweet

    dissapeared again....
    sorry that you are having problems as well. the only thing I can suggest at the moment is using the Battery Icon AS Percent patch instead of the Battery Icon and Percent patch. will be looking into this issue.
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

    If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

    "Freedom isn't free"
  16. #16  
    no need to apologize man...
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    If so, it may be possible to increase the size of the right most piece so that the percent doesn't get "pushed off" the side of the screen, which is how i'm interpreting what is happening with your phone.

    I don't know if it is getting push off or not. if you look at my screen shot there is space there for the %, but it's not there. hard to tell with all the black but look at the side of the wallpaper and follow up. seem to have space.
  18. #18  
    You cannot use the date and time as well as the battery% icon patch w/ the increased font size. There is only so much real estate and thats too much. You might try the batt as % patch and see if that helps. or maybe try teh 16px font patch in PreWare.

    2sslow
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  19. #19  
    EDIT: I read a bit more in the thread, and will be removing the icon AND percent and switching to percent only.

    I have been using the battery icon and % in top bar AND date in top bar (XX/XX format) patches for a long time.

    Last night, using Preware (the .11 version, today it updated to .12), I installed these patches on my Pre running webOS 1.3.1 in this order:

    Increased Font Size (successfull)
    Remove % from device menu (failed install)
    Remove date from device menu (failed install)

    Now the battery icon is still visible and there is a blank space where the battery percent should be (symbol and numbers).

    I think I installed the three new patches at the same time and then rebooted, but I MIGHT have installed the font size patch and restarted BEFORE installing the next two ... I can't quite remember.

    Also, the percent number sometimes comes back ... like when I plug it in to charge (blue color) and when it discharges enough to change color (yellow). I've never seen the number pop up as green or red.

    Hope this info helps fix the bug!

    ~Bowen
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbowen1982 View Post
    EDIT: I read a bit more in the thread, and will be removing the icon AND percent and switching to percent only.

    I have been using the battery icon and % in top bar AND date in top bar (XX/XX format) patches for a long time.

    Last night, using Preware (the .11 version, today it updated to .12), I installed these patches on my Pre running webOS 1.3.1 in this order:

    Increased Font Size (successfull)
    Remove % from device menu (failed install)
    Remove date from device menu (failed install)

    Now the battery icon is still visible and there is a blank space where the battery percent should be (symbol and numbers).

    I think I installed the three new patches at the same time and then rebooted, but I MIGHT have installed the font size patch and restarted BEFORE installing the next two ... I can't quite remember.

    Also, the percent number sometimes comes back ... like when I plug it in to charge (blue color) and when it discharges enough to change color (yellow). I've never seen the number pop up as green or red.

    Hope this info helps fix the bug!

    ~Bowen
    Its not a bug w/ the patch! there is not enough room on the top bar for that much info w/ the larger font.

    I use the 21px font w/ just time and icon as % and I have no problem.

    It sounds like you have other issues, my advice is to run EPR and reinstall the patches you have w/o the date/time and using the batt as %. that should take care of your issues.

    No offence but I personally dont like the date/time patch, it seems too cluttered and the date is only 1 swipe away. JMO!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions