Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...date-time.html

You can use this patch (not available in Preware because requires user modification before installation) to change the carrier string as well as the font colors of the carrier string and date/time string. Follow the instructions on the thread there. It does exactly what you are asking, but you can pick any color you want by using the six-digit hex code for html colors.

John
    Thanks for the response. Still would love to have one in preware that can simply be downloaded that way instead of having to modify and install manually. Also what would be great is an app that could modify the colors within the pre itself.
    To have this in PreWare would be difficult as it would get confusing w/ all the diff colors and would make it hard on dbsooner trying to decide what colors to allow and not allow due to clutter and whatnot.

I believe webos-internals is working on a workaround for the issue of patches that in essence create a theme type change, not sure what it is though.

Just wait guys if you think strides in webos have been good then you aint seen nothing yet.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Do the font sizes work with WebOS 1.2.1?
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by kedevore View Post
    Do the font sizes work with WebOS 1.2.1?
    not sure...2sslow and i did not write the patches until after 1.3.1, but there should be no problem since the file that the patches modify did not really change between 1.2.1 and 1.3.1. Some of the lines might be offset from the numbers that the patch specifies, but preware should handle that with no problem. If you try to install it and it is not compatible, preware will simply not install the patch. If you try it and it works, please let us know so we can post that information.
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    To have this in PreWare would be difficult as it would get confusing w/ all the diff colors and would make it hard on dbsooner trying to decide what colors to allow and not allow due to clutter and whatnot.

I believe webos-internals is working on a workaround for the issue of patches that in essence create a theme type change, not sure what it is though.

Just wait guys if you think strides in webos have been good then you aint seen nothing yet.
    I would be happy with just a patch that said "Color ______ (red, green or whatever), no change in font" or something like that

Don't need hundreds of choices just a few like there are now for the 17 and 18 font patches, that would be great
    Any chance of getting a patch that only increases the mm/dd and time in the middle? I don't want the carrier string or battery as percent any larger. Standard white preferably.
    Here ya go!
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Here ya go!
    does this work on 1.2.1?
    Last edited by ericizzy1; 12/13/2009 at 04:06 PM. Reason: works fine, thanx
    Not sure as Im on 1.3.1. Try it and let me know!

Worst case WOSQI returns an error and wont install! You Cant hurt anything by trying!

Follow the link below.

Oh man thanks for the patch, it works very well with QI and tha changes that i had before with carrier name at the top bar
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmkiller View Post
    Oh man thanks for the patch, it works very well with QI and tha changes that i had before with carrier name at the top bar
    most welcome
    My Patches

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    wow isnt 18 a little big for top bar?? i think i have 17 on mine lol i changed it from 15 but anyways when you open the app catalog it crosses over and covers the little arrow on the top already . and sometimes depending on the name of the app it conflicts with the data and time if you have that date patch.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    wow isnt 18 a little big for top bar?? i think i have 17 on mine lol i changed it from 15 but anyways when you open the app catalog it crosses over and covers the little arrow on the top already . and sometimes depending on the name of the app it conflicts with the data and time if you have that date patch.
    exactly why 2sslow and I decided to make several sizes to meet the desires of indiv users! not everyone (don't ask me why) uses the date/time patch...

crazy to think that only like 5% of pre owners are part of our little club here
    My Patches

"Freedom isn't free"
    Thanks for the great patch...!
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    How about a patch for smaller font?
    Quote Originally Posted by meCka View Post
    How about a patch for smaller font?
    Smaller that original?

That would be easy but why? It it almost to hard to read as is!

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Smaller that original?

That would be easy but why? It it almost to hard to read as is!
    Not really, font is big for me lol. Id appreciate it if you can do it
    Not really, font is big for me lol. Id appreciate it if you can do it
    What size would you like?

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    What size would you like?
    Whats the stock font size?
    Whats the stock font size?
    Not sure 14px i believe

Follow the link below.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast