Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Its not a bug w/ the patch! there is not enough room on the top bar for that much info w/ the larger font.

I use the 21px font w/ just time and icon as % and I have no problem.

It sounds like you have other issues, my advice is to run EPR and reinstall the patches you have w/o the date/time and using the batt as %. that should take care of your issues.

No offence but I personally dont like the date/time patch, it seems too cluttered and the date is only 1 swipe away. JMO!
    As I said in my edit, after reading a bit more in the thread I decided to switch to the as percent patch. As of this posting, it's working GREAT (even along side the date in top bar patch). I liked the battery icon with percent, I thought the themed icon looked sexy.

I'm using EVERY available patch that I find useful ... which is 68, and that includes the new experimental Smartreflex 600Mhz patch (this is super sweet btw). But my FAVORITE patches are the new ones for the device menu (Brightness, GPS toggle and the advanced phone menu).

I thought the new patches to remove the date and bat % from the device menu might have something to do with the probs I was having ... I'm allowed to be wrong sometimes, since I am indeed human. I'll find the threads for those patches next ...

I feel it would be AWESOME to remove the date and battery % from the device menu, because why waste a swipe to see what's in your top bar? JMO

~Bowen
  2.    #22  
    hey guys...

I have personally verified that Battery Icon AND Percent as well as the Increase Top Bar Font Size patches can be applied...however, you will need to use the new patch I have created with the font size at 17. The battery icon, battery percent numbers, and the percent symbol all fit on the top bar.

I was also able to install No Battery Level patch, but the no date patch failed for some reason...haven't looked into why yet. The GPS toggle works with the patches, though i had it installed beforehand. The Roam Only Patch also works, but it was installed beforehand as well. I also could not get the Brightness in Device Menu patch installed...it seems as if the No Date and Brightness in Device Menu patches are failing at these two files:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html

I am not sure why these two patches are failing, because the increase top bar font size patch does not modify either file.

I did not try installing the Advanced Phone Menu patch b/c i already had the Roam Only and GPS toggles installed.

I hope that the Size 17 patch will provide everyone with enough options to install the patches they desire.

Review:
    Increase Top Bar Font Size - 18 -- use the Battery Icon AS Percent patch
    Increase Top Bar Font Size - 17 -- can use either the Battery Icon As Percent patch or the Battery Icon AND Percent patch

I will upload the Increase Top Bar Font Size - 17.patch file to Preware if ya'll try it through Quick Install and get the same results I have with the Battery Icon And Percent patch.

Size17withIconAndPercent.png
    Size 17 top bar font size with the Battery Icon AND Percent patch installed.

Size17IconPercent-noBatteryLevel.png
    Size 17 top bar font size with the Battery Icon AND Percent patch and No Battery Level (as well as GPS Toggle and Roam Only in Device Menu patches installed).

Size17withPercentOnly.png
    Size 17 top bar font with the Battery Icon AS Percent patch installed.

enjoy!

jmartino2011
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    love your dogs!

any more photos of the dogs??
  4.    #24  
    edit: both of these pictures were taken with my Pre!

haha, thanks...they are pretty great. The brindle one is my girlfriend's dog, and the useless tan one is mine

two more pictures since I love showing them off...

CIMG0050.jpg

CIMG0187.jpg

Thanks!

John
    My Patches

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    Great patch thanks....using the new size 17 patch battery icon + %.

Question (maybe dumb)...anyway to have the current temp constantly displayed on the top bar?? That would be a great utility.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by chizler View Post
    Great patch thanks....using the new size 17 patch battery icon + %.

Question (maybe dumb)...anyway to have the current temp constantly displayed on the top bar?? That would be a great utility.
    I appreciate you letting me know it's working for you.

About the temp...as far as I'm aware, there is no widget for temperature on the Pre currently, which means that there is nothing on the pre that automatically downloads the temperature and stores it in a variable - like what does happen for screen orientation or number of voice messages or how the phones keep track of what day it is. Therefore, it would not be a simple matter of rewriting the widget to display on the top bar. Obviously, data can be added to the top bar, since the date was added next to the time in the various patches. I'm afraid it would take someone much more experienced than me to do this. I suggest you submit this on http://forums.precentral.net/webos-patches/ with [Patch Request] as the beginning to the title. It would be a neat patch to have.

john
    My Patches

"Freedom isn't free"
    I agree with the real estate comment. It is a small bar. However, yesterday I did see for a quick flash of time--the battery AND percent, in the larger font.
    So the mystery continues.

This morning, after charging all night, I see the battery % is still at 96. I am not sure of this is related to the real estate issue in which the number 100 and% dont fit.
    Last edited by NABRIL15; 01/05/2010 at 08:22 AM.
    I did a lot of playing w/ this a while back an 17 was as big as i could get w/ date and time w/ batt and %. when it reaches 100% it would go away till it dropped to 99%, then return.

I did not like the date /time patch so I removed it and increased to 21....I like to be able to see it at a quick glance.

I have had this mod since july.. I was manually editing the .css which sometimes caused conflitcs w/ patches and especially themes.I just didnt, at the time have the knowledge to make a patch. So i asked jmartino2011 to do this one for me.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    I agree with the real estate comment. It is a small bar. However, yesterday I did see for a quick flash of time--the battery AND percent, in the larger font.
    So the mystery continues.

This morning, after charging all night, I see the battery % is still at 96. I am not sure of this is related to the real estate issue in which the number 100 and% dont fit.
    Nabril, the charging issue is actually a problem with the battery in that it does not necessarily charge to 100%. It was reported on back in July or August when a patch came out to show the actual charge percent because even when it shows 100 it is not always charged to 100%. This has nothing to do with the top bar and space available. As for seeing the battery and percent in the size 21 with the date and time - i actually got this on my emulator, but not on my phone. Unfortunately, I don't know enough to even begin to diagnose this problem. Therefore, my best recommendation is to use Size 18 with just the percent and Size 17 for either percent or percent and icon.

jmartino2011
    My Patches

"Freedom isn't free"
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    Nabril, the charging issue is actually a problem with the battery in that it does not necessarily charge to 100%. It was reported on back in July or August when a patch came out to show the actual charge percent because even when it shows 100 it is not always charged to 100%. This has nothing to do with the top bar and space available. As for seeing the battery and percent in the size 21 with the date and time - i actually got this on my emulator, but not on my phone. Unfortunately, I don't know enough to even begin to diagnose this problem. Therefore, my best recommendation is to use Size 18 with just the percent and Size 17 for either percent or percent and icon.

jmartino2011
    i see the 3 patches. only 1 existed originally. will play around with all 3.
    Thanks a lot Martino!!!
  11.    #31  
    so what do ya'll think? would you like to have both the size 17 patch and size 18 patch in preware so that people can use which to use with which version of the battery icon they use?
    My Patches

"Freedom isn't free"
    Pm sent

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

The patches I sent you are just like the ones you have allready been working on, as they will mess w/ the Battery and % patch. both the 17 and 18 px ones I do will work w/ mm/dd date and time but are too much for mm/dd/yy date and time patch.
    The same goes for the Battery and % icon patch.

I have extensively tested the new ones I sent you and I could not get any kind of error removing or installing any related patches.

These are very stable!

There is just not enough real estate up there! lol
    Last edited by 2sslow; 11/24/2009 at 06:53 PM.

Follow the link below.

14.    #34  
    hey 2sslow, i replied to your PM...since then, i installed the 17-navy patch on my emulator. the screenshot is attached.

Untitled.jpg

as you can see, i have the date and time patch as well as the Battery Icon as percent patches installed without any problem. not sure what you have been seeing with there not being room for all of it.
    My Patches

"Freedom isn't free"
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    hey 2sslow, i replied to your PM...since then, i installed the 17-navy patch on my emulator. the screenshot is attached.

Untitled.jpg

as you can see, i have the date and time patch as well as the Battery Icon as percent patches installed without any problem. not sure what you have been seeing with there not being room for all of it.
    When it hits 100% on the device it will drop the %icon untill it discharges below 100%

The ones I did were also tested w/ wifi and Ev icons in the top bar w/ no issue except the % sign at 100

Follow the link below.

Good Job, thanks for your patch.
    Where can I download the same patch but with colored letters (navy, blue...)
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by turbobo View Post
    Good Job, thanks for your patch.
    Where can I download the same patch but with colored letters (navy, blue...)
    Turbobo - thanks for the link...i had not seen that index before. The patch with colored letters is actually 2sslow's work, not mine. thanks for commenting though!

jmartino2011
    My Patches

"Freedom isn't free"
    Hey guys, great work, but I don't want to change font size JUST color. Can we get a version that gives various color options for the different items on the bar while keeping font size the same?
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Hey guys, great work, but I don't want to change font size JUST color. Can we get a version that gives various color options for the different items on the bar while keeping font size the same?
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...date-time.html

You can use this patch (not available in Preware because requires user modification before installation) to change the carrier string as well as the font colors of the carrier string and date/time string. Follow the instructions on the thread there. It does exactly what you are asking, but you can pick any color you want by using the six-digit hex code for html colors.

John
    My Patches

"Freedom isn't free"
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast