Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What's the difference between Powersave Smartreflex & Powersave CPU Scaling?

Seeing as we only apply one of these patches....what is difference between the two?

THANKS for the patch!
    Last edited by RanGT; 11/21/2009 at 10:36 PM.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    what are you talking about??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    two new patches in Preware relating to CPU scaling.
    ***I Twitter***

bump...i would like to know the diff as well...fwiw i installed smartreflex
    Hmm... I can't find them in Preware at all :/

EDIT:
    Never mind.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    i installed the first one and it froze my phone. i had to dr it. i didnt do the smartflex i did the other
    SmartReflex is a technology by TI built into the OMAP chipset that dynamically lowers voltage. The file also permanently sets CPU to 600mHz.

CPU scaling instead sets the maximum CPU speed to 600mHz, but it dynamically changes the clock speed based on load, from 250mHz to 600mHz.

Personally, I've had issues with playing videos with CPU scaling on, and have SmartReflex on, but keep the clock speed set to stock.
  8.    #8  
    I did PowerSave Cpu scaling with no problems.
    ***I Twitter***

so ok are they worth it or not i dont want to mess up my phone or anything
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    does it make your phone any faster
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    Hmm... I can't find them in Preware at all :/

EDIT:
    Never mind.
    up date feeds
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  12.    #12  
    WOW. at first didn't notice too much difference but then I opened music browser and there is NO delay in the beginning. Opening photo app was very fast especially when opening an album. when going from camera to photo app, faster.

THANKS for this patch!
    ***I Twitter***

13.    #13  
    Universal Search is faster.
    ***I Twitter***

playing with smartreflex now, not sure of any undeniable improvements.

anyone have opinions on what the difference is battery life wise?

I read on another thread some one saying smart reflex was better than cpu scaling, but it seemed that they were running then in tandem.

edit: agree universal search blazes now
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    I read on another thread some one saying smart reflex was better than cpu scaling, but it seemed that they were running then in tandem.
    It's impossible to run both CPU Scaling and SmartReflex together, it causes crashes.

Also, people need to keep in mind that these both will overclock the CPU, which could cause shorter lifespan of your Pre and possibly void the warranty.

The CPU scaling one will only bring the CPU to an overclock of 600mHz when needed. The SmartReflex one will have the CPU overclocked 100% of the time. That's why I personally still suggest sticking to only 500mHz even if you're using SmartReflex, but that's just me.
    so which is better for the phone and battery is the need to know here lol ,please of course ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    so which is better for the phone and battery is the need to know here lol ,please of course ha ha
    As I've said already, I've had issues with videos playing with CPU Scaling turned on. Your result might vary, but I get major visual issues in all videos, whether on the device, or from Youtube.

I'm getting pretty improved battery life at 500mHz (stock speed) with SmartReflex on though.

But really, the real answer is try them both (one at a time) and see which is better for you.
    thanks just looking for some kind of response from first hand users is all !! have a great night!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'm getting pretty improved battery life at 500mHz (stock speed) with SmartReflex on though.
    You mean you change it from 600 to 500?

I thought you said smartreflex is always 600.
    ***I Twitter***

Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    You mean you change it from 600 to 500?

I thought you said smartreflex is always 600.
    the patch is set that way, if you read the other cpu scaling app it is possible to change this to the 500 that is underclocked stock.

Along with that we aren't overclocking the chip here just running it at the true speed which is 600mhz, palm underclocks it, likely for battery and stability reasons.
Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast