Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It's not possible to go over 600mHz.
    Sorry, only joking
    I'm lost and dont know where to post or fix this. Ive been using preware for a while and such, I saw the new cpu scaling appear so i tried it, after phone reset it freezes on the palm screen. Ive tried webos doctor and it gets to 6% then the phone resets and just goes to that frozen screen and doctor freezes at 6% and eventually says i disconnected. What am i doing wrong!!?

I should clarify once webos doctor hits 6% the phone resets on its own and freezes right where it usually does.

I should mention the warning on that is not nearly as strong as it should be, doctors not even fixing my phone!?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Is this worth it to try on the Pixi? I though the pixi already ran at 600mhz right out of the box?!?
    smartreflex 600 works, it wouldn't start the first 3 or 4 times but i kept taking out the battery and putting it back in and eventually it works. theres a noticeable difference in speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by diminishedpower View Post
    I'm lost and dont know where to post or fix this. Ive been using preware for a while and such, I saw the new cpu scaling appear so i tried it, after phone reset it freezes on the palm screen. Ive tried webos doctor and it gets to 6% then the phone resets and just goes to that frozen screen and doctor freezes at 6% and eventually says i disconnected. What am i doing wrong!!?

I should clarify once webos doctor hits 6% the phone resets on its own and freezes right where it usually does.

I should mention the warning on that is not nearly as strong as it should be, doctors not even fixing my phone!?
    check novacom drivers you may need to reinstall them
    reinstalled them, and tried doctor 1.2.1, both the phoen resets at 6% and freezes
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Installed the Smartflex 500, not sure I see any difference, but havent seen any problems with it either which is always good
    i vote for a 550mhz version!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I had installed the CPU scaling one and it seemed to be working fine. So I decided to uninstall it and try the smatflex one. Upon reboot, the phone would freeze within a few secs. So after a couple removing the battery reboots, i quickly connected to webos install and deleted the patch. Webos install did a luna restart, which is not good enough when removing this patch, so i had to do another battery removal reboot. Now without both patches and back to normal. Very hesitant to try either patch again now.
    I'm having a similar problem to Diminishedpower I installed the CPU scaling and restarted my phone and it is stuck on the start up screen. I've reinstalled the novacom drivers and when I try to run webOS doctor it says I need to connect my phone to my computer even though they already are connected! What should I do?
    I tried the 600mhz version of the Smartflex patch and was very pleased with it. However, after reading the concerns regarding the possibility of CPU degradation by running it at its rated mhz, I edited the values from 600000 to 550000 in the file recommended earlier in this thread. The phone responsiveness is still impressive since it loads the "dreaded" calculator app faster than my sister's relatively stock phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by 305mobile View Post
    Is this worth it to try on the Pixi? I though the pixi already ran at 600mhz right out of the box?!?
    NO.

The Pixi uses an entirely different processor.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    oh man there are 4 of them now? which one to try now? I tried the Smartflex 600 and it seems to be faster. Not much lag when you have like 8 or 9 cards open now which is pretty cool. However, the batter life kinda sucks now no joke. Im not entirely sure which is the best way to uninstall it but i think quick install is better then preware. don't want anything left over after the restart if you apply a different one.
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    i installed the smartreflex 500, didnt see any difference. not sure what difference there was going to be though. I uninstalled and things work fine. I suppose this patch is supposed to give the snapier response, as the iphone gives.
    Quote Originally Posted by bvinci1 View Post
    i installed the smartreflex 500, didnt see any difference. not sure what difference there was going to be though. I uninstalled and things work fine. I suppose this patch is supposed to give the snapier response, as the iphone gives.
    Keeping it at 500mHz should give the same exact response as before the patch (since it's a 500mHz default clock). What it should do is improve battery if you turn SmartReflex on.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    its not on, when you install and reboot?
  17.    #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by bvinci1 View Post
    See, I don't get smartreflex 500 bc if its 500 before patch, what's the point. but i guess it has voltage features that help save battery? but what are those?

I went with the other one at 500 so that when idle, it goes down to 250.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Got the 500 patch now through preware, thanks everyone for discussing this issue fully. While I was initially upset with the battery life in the latest official update, I've noticed that it seems to be better than it was before--it drops off from 100% quickly, but hangs very well. Now, with this patch, things should be even better.

Of course, here is hoping that the 600mHz patch gets palm's attention now that it's in preware, an avenue of app and patch stream that they tacitly approve up, and we sort this whole 'will our phones die in 6 months' thing out.

I would love to speed this thing up just a hair, as long as it's not a guaranteed death-wish.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    so , uninstalled the 500 smartreflex and installed the 600 smartreflex. Bootup went fine, then a freeze upon opening the launcher. Had to remove the battery to reset, will edit and post how it goes.

3 minutes later- Removed battery, reinstalled battery, and turned back on, seems to be running good, opened 19 applications, to give it a run through. Seems to be stable and functioning well. Now will give it a few days and see how the battery life does.
    Last edited by bvinci1; 11/22/2009 at 11:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I'm willing to bet that if running your Pre at 600MHz fries your processor, then you could take it to a Sprint store to get it replaced under warranty. Just play dumb and say it quit working. You could even tell them that you tried to run the webOS doctor from the Palm website and it didn't work. If it really did permanently damage the processor, then I doubt they could check anything to prove you made any changes.

I wouldn't feel bad about this either. The processor is supposed to be 600MHz anyways. As we can see from the 7 pages of this thread there are plenty of people running at 600MHz with no permanent damage. If 1 out of 1000 Pre processors fries at 600MHz, then those are faulty hardware and should be replaced under factory warranty.

Correct me if I am wrong; has anyone completely "bricked" their Pre by using this patch?
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast