Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by octoberorange View Post
    Yep, had to make a trip to the doctor. Not too worried about the loss of my 'legally acquired music' but I am sad to lose the handful of pics of my kitty staring at the light switch like a moron.

Edit: Strangely, I didn't lose ANYTHING. So I guess I have to rephrase my initial sarcastic post to say: Thank you patch creator for only wasting an hour of my time!

Cheers all around I guess...
    Thats because the new version of WebOS Doctor 1.3.1 no longer touches the files in the media/internal partition, so all of your media will not be erased
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    I installed the SmartReflex patch then rebooted my Pre. It came up and crashed while Luna was loading. The power switch was ineffective and the screen unresponsive. I thought I may have bricked it. I removed the battery and turned it on again. The boot screens blinked and finally Luna appeared! I have been testing the patch with many different applications including video and all I see is speedier performance.
    same thing happened to me!!! I guess the pre was sleeping the first time then the second time around was ready to play. The phone was super laggy at first but now its better.... Don't really see any diference tho
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I installed the CPU Scaling patch last night and haven't had any problems yet. My brother installed CPU Scaling as well and said his Pre was off in the morning and had to pull the battery to get it to boot.

These are my readings after running "cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state"
    600000 10260
    550000 608
    500000 320
    250000 31367
    125000 6584
    Can somebody tell me the advantages of having smartreflex set at 500mHz?
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerpathic View Post
    Can somebody tell me the advantages of having smartreflex set at 500mHz?
    battery life, and, because it is not clocked to 600mhz less likely to cause damage to a chip that, while rated at 600mhz, has been shown on test boards (beagle boards) to vary from chip to chip in the ability to tolorate that speed.

thats my understanding.
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    When the time_in_state command is run, why are there readings for 550MHz?
    startup?
  8.    #108  
    For those of us that only do patches via Preware and DONT want to change things with the patch...could the developer make a smartreflex version at 500?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    For those of us that only do patches via Preware and DONT want to change things with the patch...could the developer make a smartreflex version at 500?
    and 550 please...
    +1 for 550mhz
    I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.
    i am the opposite... I would like a 650 or 700mhz overclock...
  12.    #112  
    I think I meant 550 :-P i don't know these things...hence, can't do it on my own.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    +1 for a 550-575mhz smartreflex patch. 550-575mhz should be enough to give a speed boost without getting too close to the potential damage threshold of 600mhz.

Or, as a secondary better option, building these two patches into an app would be great. Being able to switch between the two and be able to set the speed of the smartreflex patch on the fly would be a good way to get useful information about the effects of these patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by belvedere View Post
    I installed the CPU Scaling patch last night and haven't had any problems yet. My brother installed CPU Scaling as well and said his Pre was off in the morning and had to pull the battery to get it to boot.

These are my readings after running "cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state"
    I had the same problem. Needed to reset the phone this am. Only had a blank screen. The the Scaling patch off. Trying the other one now.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    i am the opposite... I would like a 650 or 700mhz overclock...
    I'm with you. Live on the dangerous side.
    why stop at 700mHz I say
    lol I think at that point it might be a little to overclocked
    It's not possible to go over 600mHz.
    well that's to bad
    So has there been a good study on the results of overclocking this chip that has the timeframes and percentages of failures from 600? Just curious...