Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Blackberry has a great option in their clock menu called "bedside mode". You can customize this to display the clock and silence (or not) any of the audible alerts.

I think just a simple cut-out of this would be invaluable to those who don't have a landline. When its time to go to bed, put it bedside mode that silences all audible alerts EXCEPT phone calls.

It could also automatically bring up the display clock like when connected to a TS.

I think putting in a patch under the "top bar" category (maybe under the advanced phone sub-menu or a level up) would be the best spot for this option.

If there is an emergency, you're going to get a call, not a text.

Much better than just airplane mode.

Thanks.
    Last edited by edoeding; 11/21/2009 at 01:24 PM.
    Would LOVE this in an app or a patch....whichever works for developers
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    bump
    It'd be really help full if Bedside Mode had its own homescreen aswell, with a clock, weather widget, and a photo frame to see your special someone before going to bed.
    I would just like it if I could disable the email alert sounds from a specified time like 11 PM to 8 AM so then it won't wake me up when I'm sleeping.
    Okay, I'm confused. Why not just slide the ringer switch to the right?

Edit: Oh never mind, you want phone calls to play a sound.
    I like the idea, but silencing ALL notifications is a bit much. I think most of us would like our alarms to not be silenced while in this type of mode.

If something like this got developed, I'd also like to see an option to have the phone default to this when on a touchstone.
    +100000000000

Even better than just building a single profile, could we have a profile management app? This way, we can build and customise our own profiles, and it may save some time long-run for the devs. I'd be willing to donate and be a tester for this type of an app.

Thanks again to all the Homebrewers and WebOS Internals folks who are putting in their hard work and time to make this device so incredible for us average users! Your work is SO appreciated!

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
    +1 definitely would like to see this in motion....nice idea!
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    This would be AWESOME and I've asked for it before. But since we're all still asking, it hasn't happened. :'(
    bump
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    bump
    Really? A half-hour after the last post?
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    +1 for this idea
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    lol.. maybe they don't know what "bump" means and was just trying to one-up it? I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here.
  15. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Toggle data off, and your left with only phone and text. Most other notifications such as email and calender, at least for me since I use google, don't operate without data.

Plus it reduces battery usage.

And if I want a big clock screen I run Timepiece, a homebrew app.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    Toggle data off, and your left with only phone and text. Most other notifications such as email and calender, at least for me since I use google, don't operate without data.

Plus it reduces battery usage.

And if I want a big clock screen I run Timepiece, a homebrew app.
    I also run Text Manager: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/txt-manager. Text Manager lets me customize Text ringtones per contact. I turn off for unknowns at night.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Now could be an appropriate time for a "bump".
    Quote Originally Posted by edoeding View Post

It could also automatically bring up the display clock like when connected to a TS.
    be careful what you ask for. no one likes the touchstone clock beside their bed. unless you like sleeping with the lights on. It is very bright. it lights up the whole room.
    i'd also love a patch like this. pretty please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Yeah Thats Right A%@Hole....Thanks for your USEFUL Post Here...
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast