Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hi there,

Im wondering that there is not already a patch request for that.

On my "old" HTC Tytn, there was the possibility to disable charging if the mobile is connected to the PC.

This would be great to have something like that also for the Pre. I dont wanna charge it every time I connect it to the PC.

Is it possible to do that?

brasax
    Just as an aside....charging from the phone isn't going to do it any harm.
    Why would you not want to charge it? It doesn't harm it in any way nor does it affect functionality?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    for example I just want to put some stuff on it (USB-device). And to charge it for only 2 minutes is also not the best thing for the battery...
    Who told you this? You should slap them now!

The Pre has a Li-Ion battery and whether you charge it for 4 seconds or 4 days neither will have any detrimental effects on the battery.
    Yeah man, thats a mith... No memory effect on Li-Ion.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I know there is no memory effect. But a lithium ion battery looses capacity after 300-500 charging cycles. That means, that the 2 minutes are a charging cycle. See the wiki-link above..

why do the people swapping the touchstones, they are starting to charge every 10 seconds again and again? There is a patch for disabling the notification. So what? BTW have the same issue on mine..