1.    #1  
    patch idea of the day, sorry for so many

so surfing the web can be a bit frustrating for me. when i am trying to scroll, a link gets pressed, and i have to go back to where i was. this only takes a few seconds, but this happens a lot. and vice versa, when im trying to tap a link, it wont tap...and i guess it thinks that im trying to scroll. so what if there was a patch for a modifier button that you had to press for a link to work, but that would make links allways work and take you to their destination? like maybe something simple like just pressing the gesture area so that the light on the center button lights up, and links will only work wile that light is on, and when your not pressing the gesture area, you can scroll freely without links taking you off track.

i dont kno if anyone else has this problem, but i've had my phone for a few week now, and i still find navigating/surfing the web slow because of one of these two issues. anyone else?

-after thought-
    maybe this itself can be toggled in some menu, because it might be harder one handed than two

p.s. does anyone know if zoomed in text rearrangement could ever be available for the pre? i dont know what they call it exactly, but its what i saw on a video for the htc hero, that when you zoom into text, the text automatically rearranges to fit your screen so that you only have to scroll up and down, and not side to side with each line of the text (i really liked that feature)
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 11/20/2009 at 02:10 AM.
    +1
  3.    #3  
    I have the patch to make pressing the gesture area and clickinga link pull up the options menu like the oj button does, but that's just because there's nothing better for pressing the gesture area to do. So if no one else like the above idea, here is another. Gesture area press + link = auto open link in new card (skipping the menu). I use open in new card way more than anything else in the equivalent of the right click drop menu, so an equivalent of a pc middle/scroll bar click would be great
    i love the patch that adds the gesture and opens the option but instead of clicking on the card, why not add the option for opening the link? any takers lol
  5.    #5  
    do you mean add open link to the options like new card is there? I'm confused. Like just pressing on the link?
    yup exactly lol add another option to where the new card and have it say open link in the options would be a lot nicer and easier too anyone with me
    Quote Originally Posted by Flush2810 View Post
    yup exactly lol add another option to where the new card and have it say open link in the options would be a lot nicer and easier too anyone with me
    here i made this patch just now
    a quick option to open link in the same card from the context menu

but i will try to update it with a couple more options as well
    an option like 'view Image' is needed dont u guys agree.?
    Attached Files Attached Files
  8.    #8  
    um, its good to have lots of options, but its also good to get where you want to go fast. so thats why i thought the option/orange button could be for options, and the gesture press could be for new card, because if your going back and forth in browsers, its faster to swipe away your new card when your done with it then it is to go backwards in the browser/reloading the page.

do you have access to the code to open a link in a new card?/do you know where it is? (j/w i know nothing about coding
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    um, its good to have lots of options, but its also good to get where you want to go fast. so thats why i thought the option/orange button could be for options, and the gesture press could be for new card, because if your going back and forth in browsers, its faster to swipe away your new card when your done with it then it is to go backwards in the browser/reloading the page.

do you have access to the code to open a link in a new card?/do you know where it is? (j/w i know nothing about coding
    so u want gesture plus tap to open links in new cards.?
  10.    #10  
    yeah skipping the menu, I think it'd be sweet. And in the same patch or seperate could be all our option ideas just for the option button+link (maybe vice versa/switch buttons for another patch if people want that.)
    fritos you the man! it works great! thanks again!
    I would love it if it was possible in future to make a lie detector test app....like the phone could run test reads through the pulse of your fingers for accurate results