Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    I'm working on a patch that allows you to create an alarm per day of the week rather than just weekdays, weekends, once, and daily. Useful for someone who needs to wake up at a different time every day of the week, like a college student.
    This is a work in progress, but I think I'm close to finishing it up. I've never made a patch for the pre before so this was a nice learning experience.

Updated patch attached to this post (11/30/2009)
    If you're updating from the older patch, please uninstall the original patch first, delete the alarms you have set up that aren't the standard alarms and then install the new one.

If you've installed this please let me know if it is working like it should or if there are any weird behaviors. Thanks!!
    Here are some screenshots:

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by romanodog; 12/01/2009 at 12:53 PM.
    coooool i can use this!
  3.    #3  
    Oh, and I'm not really sure how to make the actual patch file. Can anyone point me to some help?
  4.    #5  
    ok, here's the patch. this works for webos 1.3.1 only... just in case.
    Please let me know if you find any bugs or weird behavior.

edit: Removed patch from this post, look at first post or in preware.
    Last edited by romanodog; 11/30/2009 at 09:55 AM.
    Does this patch have the option to choose.... let's say ..... every other Sunday?
    I have never seen that option on any clock to choose every other of anything but anything is possible with thouht.
    i had an alarm that would sound at the same date at the same time every year and one that would do the same day every month as well
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I have never seen that option on any clock to choose every other of anything but anything is possible with thouht.
    You may be correct. Now that I think about it, I use the calendar and set 'appointments' to 'all day events' with an alarm....but it would certainaly be convenient to be able to set the alarm clock to ring in such a manner. For me, I work every other Sunday, therefore being able to set the alarm to ring this way would be great.

Possibly a patch idea?
  9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by wrmorris View Post
    Does this patch have the option to choose.... let's say ..... every other Sunday?
    It does not, it just lets you choose a day of the week and a time and it will ring that day/time every week.

The way the alarm scheduler is set up it would be difficult to do that, I don't think I could do it but maybe someone else can.
    Last edited by romanodog; 11/22/2009 at 12:05 PM.
  10.    #11  
    Just wanted to add that if you've installed this please let me know if it is working like it should or if there are any weird behaviors.
    Thanks!
    It works fine. Thanks!
    Was wondering if there was anyway to add every 3rd day as I am on a shift schedule at the firestation, work one day on 2 days off. Or mybe even a custom so you could add the frequency yourself. Thks
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    This patch works good for me.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    thank you sir, this was much needed for me. if I wasn't a ridiculously broke grad student I'd donate some money.
    I have an alarm that I need for every M-W-F. I just setup 3 alarms, no big deal. Maybe a future patch could select multiple days.
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    I have an alarm that I need for every M-W-F. I just setup 3 alarms, no big deal. Maybe a future patch could select multiple days.
    BTW. Nice job!
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    Maybe a future patch could select multiple days.
    +1

tschinte
    i think i found a bug.

Okay, to begin, I've had one alarm (lets call it A) set at 8:00am for every tuesday. I then set another alarm (B) for thursday, cause i wake up at the same time on both days. I then decide to turn it back 30min because im waking up too early. First i change alarm (B) to 8:30am, after which i change alarm (A) to 8:30am, so far everythings fine. When i backswipe to exit the settings for alarm (A) i notice that on the screen where it list both alarms, alarm (A)'s time still sits at 8:00am. So i got back into the settings to change it again, but when it opens the time is correctly set to 8:30am.

Anyone else run across this? On and +1 for a reoccuring setting option in each alarm.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Set individual alarms for 9am Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri. 10am for Sat. Does not work??? MY friday went off at 9:30 am yesterday, half hour late. Did not go off at 10 am sat today. Any help is appreciated. Cool patch.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast