Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Just wondering if this patch has been updated for 2.1 compatibility?
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Just wondering if this patch has been updated for 2.1 compatibility?
    +1
  3.    #43  
    Sorry, no it hasn't. I probably won't be updating it since I don't have a 2.x phone, but the code is on the second page if anyone wants to update it.
    Romanodog,

I downloaded the latest version (1.4.1-1) from Preware to use on my Palm Pixi Plus running WebOS 1.4.1.1. I seem to be having a similar problem to other users where after setting the alarms, they randomly reset and turn themselves off. To give you a specific example, I had 5 alarms set, 3 of which were set to the same time for MWF and 2 of which were set to a different time for TR. The alarm failed to go off one morning and upon checking the alarms all 5 were set to 2:00PM. The frequency was set to daily, and the alarms were all turned off. I continued to use the patch and reset all the alarms back to my schedule and the same thing happened a few weeks later. (Alarms were all said to 2:00PM daily and turned off). The only thing I can correlate between the two incidents is draining the phone to the point where it shut down and placing it back on the charger for the night. Any ideas?
    someone please update this to 2.1 please
    Plus 1,000
    please! Can this be updated?! I loved it! I need it to work!
    Thanks so much!
    bump again. someone with a kind heart pls update it to 2.1
    +1 on 2.1 ability
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Now there is an update for 2.1. But for me (German version) it does not work. I can do the settings but every time after leaving the screen the alarm is switched off.
    i downloaded it from webosquickinstall and it installed fine on the Veer. Can someone create a patch to change the weekdays to Sun-Thur and weekends to Fri-Sat? Because i work in the middle east and their weekends are Fri-Sat overhere :S
    I've got also a german Pre + but another problem. It works so far, but only with a little trick to make it happen. I have to set the time with one of the original choices, go back once, access the alarm again and choose the specific day I want. Otherwise the new time would't work. No big deal, but a little bothering
    hey -

will this work on 2.2?

cheers,
    thomas
    Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    I've got also a german Pre + but another problem. It works so far, but only with a little trick to make it happen. I have to set the time with one of the original choices, go back once, access the alarm again and choose the specific day I want. Otherwise the new time would't work. No big deal, but a little bothering
    Ahh, yay, this worked for me too! Thanks!
    I spoke too soon.

Yes, it did let me add the alarms at the correct times when I did it this way, but then they still would just go off randomly.

I had an alarm set monday tuesday wednesday and thursday at 7am, friday at 7:30, and then the default weekend setting also at 7:30. One thursday morning, my monday and tuesday alarms went off a few hours before 7:30 (I was very confused), and then my thursday alarm went off maybe half an hour or so after 7.

So, I uninstalled it.

I don't understand why palm wouldn't have at least included the ability to alter what is considered a weekday and what is considered a weekend. I also don't get why it only lets you set alarms in 5 minute increments. These seem like basic alarm clock functions to me.

My solution is to use my old non smart-phone as my alarm clock instead.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Someone please update this patch, could someone take the source and bring it?
    I find it hard to believe there are no dev's that want this enough for themselves.
    This is a very useful patch you can make it work for palm 2.2.4 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi Paternostro View Post
    This is a very useful patch you can make it work for palm 2.2.4 ?
    Try attached on 2.2.4
    Attached Files Attached Files
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Preemptive likes this.
    Thanks , works well
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi Paternostro View Post
    Thanks , works well
    Good, I just took the old patch and made the same changes for 2.2.4
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast